This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
    When I was a zoo keeper. We used to sell lion poo for people to put on their gardens to deter cats.
    Did it work?
    I see no logic in trying to stop a cat that stands 9inch at the shoulder from crapping in your garden by spreading crap from a cat that stands 4 foot at the shoulder in your garden ! .

Comment

Thank you for the info lardman and mrbadexample, I will add one to my want list
      Last edited by It never rains..it pours; 13-05-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bikermike View Post
        have you tried moving the sonics around? I have one high up to cover the main part of the garden where cats come in, and another on a stake I move about. arranging one where they are most likely to enter the garden is a good trick
        Not found these to be any good apart for making a very annoying clicking sound

How about a water spray and a PIR
        Last edited by 4Shoes; 13-05-2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

found one indiscretion this morning !but it had been raining all night so it looks like I need to refress the teabags ! i'll put the kettle on ! LOL. atb Dal.

Comment

I have been scraping up all the loose soil leftover from my dumped out old container soil today (trying to reuse every available scrap of stuff to sow my scorzonera in - I even dumped unfinished compost in there in the hope it becomes a lasagne container!)

Anyway, I have found so many little presents that my current rage against cats is great! I understand now why my mother kept a water pistol by the back door...

Comment

I have two cats, both cowardly souls who go to the loo in my garden, but I doubt they visit my neighbours as that would be too scarey. I've always told my neighbours, if you don't want my cats in your garden, feel free to throw water at them. They HATE being hit by water, so I recommend a water pistol or a super soaker, so you can reach them at a greater distance. Good luck!
              Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Derbydal View Post
                Did it work?
                I see no logic in trying to stop a cat that stands 9inch at the shoulder from crapping in your garden by spreading crap from a cat that stands 4 foot at the shoulder in your garden ! .
                I guess the logic is you know where that one massive poo is, because you put it there .
                Where as the little moggie ( if it's good as it's job ( yes.....intended pun ) and hides it's business) surprises you when you stick your fingers in it .

Obviously I'm just jumping to conclusions. I've never had a problem with cats.

Comment

Originally posted by It never rains..it pours View Post
                  Thanks will note the Jays fluid system. Agree sonics only work for a while, and they only last for a while ie my 3 year old one has died. Anybody tried the below motion jet spray, suspect would give them a good scare for a while if works

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PestBye-Bat...perated+Motion
                  I have a couple of these. They really work. The only thing stopping me getting any more is the lengths of hose running to them which makes my garden look untidy. It reacts to change in light so will also be set off by changing shadows etc. Effective against children too
                  http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Still gutted. We were sat looking out of the window tonight, sad about not doing anything on it anymore. Would normally be looking forward to the weekend. It’s really knocked us for 6, total demoralisation.

Looked yesterday at where we had put the peas in and it’s completely ruined and piles of it everywhere!

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

Don't let it get you down Rob. The only effective solution is to put a physical barrier in the way. So net it and move on.
                      Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                      By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                      While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                      At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

After having similar troubles with poo and then my containers being dug up by the little beasts, I scattered lots of holly branches across the tops of my containers and squirted Jayes Fluid (no, that's not the right spelling...) around them last night. Today, no new poo or digging. No idea how long it may last, but it's a step in the right direction.
                        Last edited by self-contained; 17-05-2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Upturned wire hanging baskets are good protection for containers.

Comment

Is ***** fluid safe to use around edibles?
                            http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

I note that a raised bed I scattered lime on has not received any vermin related presents.
                              Jimmy
                              Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Originally posted by self-contained View Post
                                After having similar troubles with poo and then my containers being dug up by the little beasts, I scattered lots of holly branches across the tops of my containers and squirted Jayes Fluid (no, that's not the right spelling...) around them last night. Today, no new poo or digging. No idea how long it may last, but it's a step in the right direction.
                                try soaking some teabags in the jayes and place them around the area ,its working for me (so far) !
                                atb Dal,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X