X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courgettes seem fairly simple.
    Yellow are best.
    Jimmy
    Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Any of the same veggies that we start the children off with in the school garden, early potatoes, short peas and beans and courgettes and squash. All are fairly bomb-proof They all like carrots when they work, but they can be a bit hit and miss.

Comment

Potatoes for quick impact and the magic of harvest time. Runner or french beans if sown late enough.

Courgettes or squash if they're prepared to take care of them.

I've always found radishes easy, but soon found out on here that some people have the opposite experience. Similarly, I can never grow spring onions, but others find them simple...

Comment

another vote for spuds (esp earlies) - especially as lowest maintenance. Rhubarb is indestructible, but does get rather big and imposing

Are we allowed to suggest bought plants? I'd say that's a good start for new gardeners? if so, courgettes and strawberries.

Comment

I’d suggest Courgette and rocket.

Comment

Rubarb......ha ha, I planted three varieties last year, all succumbed to the late frost and died/hid for the rest of the year. Assuming they had rotted I decided to turn the bed to asparagus. Found two rather sad looking ?corms? planted them in pots of mpc in cold frame, always like to give things a second chance, and now finally producing leaves, they are going to live in the pots for a while I think. So I’d argue that they are easy, seem to need a lot of tlc to get going.

Comment

Definatly spuds,lettuce grown as cut and come again,stump rooted carrots,beetroot,all seeds rely on being sown at the apropriate season,spacing and depth of sowing,and when or not to water,if only a patio,grow in containers for the first season,get the feel of things,and the joy of growing something you can see growing,pick and taste the difference,climbing beans,french or other,will either climb up a few canes,the best aproach is ask on here,like,how and when to grow carrots in a bucket,start small,get confidence first,as we have all learned over the years,it's not always so straight fowards.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

For just bung in and forget I'd have to say onions from sets.
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Chard, Rhubarb, Raspberries, Courgette, Potatos, strawberries, spinach.

Nothing is bomb proof in all locations but those should produce something of a harvest with not too much work and little knowledge.

Comment

Don't want to take this thread off at a tangent, or folks might think I am as bad as VC but would you class rhubarb as a veg?
                      and Feral007 thanks for that bit of information I never new that the different colours of chard made a difference
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Not sure what I would suggest BUT there must be fool proof veg I.........grow them
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Courgettes.....and beetroot, they are pretty easy and quick aren't they?

Comment

Definitely beetroot and courgettes, I would also add beans, broad, French and runner

Comment

Hmm, I have dreadful trouble with beetroot, and unless I put copper rings round the stems of courgettes when I plant them out I tend to find they have been eaten by slugs within a few days.
                              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Lettuce (or any other salad crop) - in pots where slugs and snails can't get to them.
                                Courgette
                                Strawberries (from plants, not seeds)

NOT radishes. They are the only thing I can't grow no matter what I do. Absolutely frustrating.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X