No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My trombocinos didn't do well at all last year. I'm planning to try again this year so I'm in.

Comment

Welcome, Snowwhyte.
      I'll add you to the list.

Comment

Me too! I have the seeds - something to get the eyebrows raising down my allotment!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Okay, I'm in. Mine were rubbish last year, no harvest, but I'm willing to give them one more try...

Comment

I grew these two years ago, lovely and plenty to harvest. I'm in!
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Time to give the Trombas a bump

Roll up, roll up. please join us in our search for the Funniest, Amusing, Ridiculous Tromboncino of 2018.

Comment

Yes please!
                http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

not long now to sowing time,will put 1 inside,1 outside,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I've never grown them. I'm planning on growing four courgette plants. I don't want more courgette-like fruit. So what do you do with them? No sniggering and no choking on your cups of tea, ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                      I've never grown them. I'm planning on growing four courgette plants. I don't want more courgette-like fruit. So what do you do with them? No sniggering and no choking on your cups of tea, ladies.
                      Snoop,although they are squash,i think they are better than courgette,bigger and a lot firmer(no sniggering),like butternut is firmer than a pumpkin inside,also when cut,they ooz and seal up,to keep for another day
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I sowed some trombocino seeds today. I sowed some a few weeks ago that never came so hopefully these will do better.

Comment

I think they have a milder flavour than courgette, and I used them as 'fillers' in almost all of my food when I last grew them. They keep their shape really well too when cooked/roasted.
                          I can't look at them without sniggering though - sorry!! LOL
                          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, if I can find seeds locally, I'll give them a go. Sound like they might be good for chutney. I'll let you know.

Comment

I like them because the thin end is seedless, its all "meat" whilst the bulbous end has the seeds in a cavity that can be scooped out.
                              Unlike courgettes, they store well and make interesting decorations for the festive period hanging from the ceiling amidst a bunch of mistletoe.
                              Last edited by veggiechicken; 28-03-2018, 07:35 PM.

Comment

If I can get hold of some seeds I’ll give it a go. I’ve been try to get some but it’s been harder than I hoped.

Looked in two local garden centres, one a chain one independent but no luck yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X