When are you sowing your Tomato Seed?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Here's another site United Kingdom Interactive Last Frost Map which seems more exact as you can zoom into your exact location on the map.
    My last frost date is about a month earlier on this site.
    I think that that map is a bit too early with its dates tbh!
    I'm on the borderline between light and mid green ( between March 21st and April 10) but that's too early we get frosts until at least the end of April. I don't count it as being reliably frost free until the 2nd week of May.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Here's another site United Kingdom Interactive Last Frost Map which seems more exact as you can zoom into your exact location on the map.
      My last frost date is about a month earlier on this site.
      My Home is 1-10 April and my Allotment is 11-20 April according to this and that is about right based on my records for the last seven years.
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

Mine's 11th-20th March which is about right too as I always think that April is safe.
        There's also a First Frost map - Nov 11th- 20th here. That's 4 months of the year that may be frosty and 8 months clear.

Comment

I looked at this one too - these are good as a loose guide but be cautious as they all look a bit early for me. I won't leave my toms in the GH overnight until May.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
            It's so many years since I grew tomatoes from seed...but I'm doing some this year. I will probably go for late Feb to early March once all the chillies are out of the propagator.
            That sounds about right

It's pretty much the pattern that I've been following the last few years with good results.

Comment

Thanks a Million everyone.

Regards.......Rob

Comment

Fat ones now.

Comment

I have Sweetpeas in the heated prop just now, chillies will go in next, then weather dependant, I might start the Tommies in March

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X