X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Crambe cordifolia PFAF Plant Database

Its also a cure for the Itch
    You definitely said the Itch. With a capital I as well! So no blaming us!!

Plus, the hand on that moving emoji or whatever you call it looks very strange in some positions... Now you can blame me for thinking that!

Comment

Bit worried about this rash
      Last edited by veggiechicken; 22-12-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Calaloo (though this is also an Amaranth)

Caper (Capparis spinose var. inermis) - very old seeds (like rary)

Caragana arborescens /Siberian Pea tree Caragana arborescens Siberian Pea Tree, Siberian peashrub PFAF Plant Database

Carica Candamarensis (Mountain pawpaw)

Carpobrotus edulis (Hottentot Fig)

Celtuce

Chaerophyllum bulbosum/ Turnip rooted Chervil

Crambe Cordifolia /Colewort

Custard apple ?Cherimoya ?Anonas Cherimoya Saved from a fruit)

I've grown Calaloo before.....badly. I've also tried celtuce at one time which was also a waste of time. Once bitten, twice shy (Back to itches again............rub on a dock leaf.............depending on where it is of course!)
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

D is for..............

Decaisnea fargesii (Dead Man's Fingers) http://pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?Lati...isnea+fargesii

Diospyros kaki (Persimmon) http://www.pfaf.org/user/plant.aspx?...Diospyros+kaki

Diospyros Virginiana (Persimmon/Possumwood) http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?...ros+virginiana

Dragon Fruit /White Pitaya

Dahlia - Edible "Yams" (Aztec Sweet Potato)
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 23-12-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Just where did you get all these weird (and wonderful?) seeds, many I've not heard of or seen in any catalogues?
            Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 23-12-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Lots from www.chilternseeds.co.uk/ whose 2018 catalogue has just arrived Its my favourite as there are few photos and its indexed by Latin name. I've learnt all my Latin from this book. Its also quirkily written and lives beside my bed.
              Also from Pennard plants and
              https://www.foodforests.eu/

Comment

Dead mans fingers look very interesting.
                Going to research edible dahlia - Yam - sweet potato thing later. Have to go finish plucking now !

Comment

I have grown those dahlias before - forgot they were meant to be edible roots, so treated them as flowers!! I think Jay-ell grew some this year?

I'm trying not to say Pluck off......................... Sorry Mods I meant to say Defeather off

Comment

I have grown those dahlias before - forgot they were meant to be edible roots, so treated them as flowers!! I think Jay-ell grew some this year?

I'm trying not to say Pluck off......................... Sorry Mods I meant to say Defeather off
                    I'm not a pheasant plucker....................nah never mind!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Decaisnea fargesii (Dead Man's Fingers) Decaisnea fargesii Blue Sausage Fruit PFAF Plant Database

Diospyros kaki (Persimmon) Diospyros kaki Persimmon, Japanese persimmon PFAF Plant Database

Diospyros Virginiana (Persimmon/Possumwood) Diospyros virginiana American Persimmon, Common persimmon, Persimmon PFAF Plant Database

Dragon Fruit /White Pitaya

Dahlia - Edible "Yams" (Aztec Sweet Potato)
                      Dead Man's Fingers? Isn't that the bit of the crab you're not supposed to eat

Comment

You can eat them - but only once
                        I'm not sure that Blue Sausage Fruit sounds appetising either.

Comment

Still waiting for the rest of the alphabet

Comment

Sorry, I forgot Here's a few letters to catch up.

E is for..............
                            Eucalyptus - lemon scented gum / Corymbia citriodora. Popular addition to natural bug repellents, great in a tea for sore throats.

F is for..........
                            Five flavoured Fruit/ Wu Wei Zi/ Magnolia Vine/ Schisandra chinensis

Fennel "Colossale" from Real Seeds. Keep meaning to grow fennel - maybe 2018.

G is for.............
                            Granadilla /Passiflora Quadrangularis

Comment

Granadilla is lovely. I do have a soft spot for Passion flowers. I did try to grow one once. Unfortunately it was before I had half a clue about gardening. It didn't make it. I've never tried growing them up here. Don't think they would flourish.

Comment

Grew fennel this year. Sowed it after midsummer. One of those packets that's been "lurking". Germinated well. Got a nice few small heads.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X