This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
    Stop it this is getting scary ! I used to live in Rhyl before Chard.
    Pwllheli lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Saltyseadog View Post
      Pwllheli lol
      Never spoke the lingo I was an incomer there as well.
      I've been about a bit .............. Not like that! Before any accusations start flying

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
        Going to have to grow some next season.

What other "Hanging basket" compliant varieties are out there. Just got my hands on Orange Wonder. Looking to make use of the crop bars. 2 spaces already taken by wild strawberries. Make nice nibble whilst working in the tunnel
        Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
        Running off to google orange wonder. You may just got an ID for my mystery plant.
        What do you think? Could this be orange wonder ? Do they start off purple? This did.

Same plant from both sides
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	2380306 Click image for larger version

Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	2380307

It looks quite close to pictures I looked up earlier but not sure the leaves are the right green.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	2380310

Today's little harvest. Just over 3kg

Comment

What do you think? Could this be orange wonder ? Do they start off purple? This did.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82853[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]82854[/ATTACH]

It looks quite close to pictures I looked up earlier but not sure the leaves are the right green.

They look very similar. I have a couple of chilli plants with one lighter than the other, but the same variety. in each case one darker one is in the larger pot.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82857[/ATTACH]

Wow that is amazing.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82853[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]82854[/ATTACH]

OMG! I want to try those! What do they taste like?.... Have you got any wedding favour bags for some of those flowers?

Comment

3kg ! if i get that much i will be buying a jerky dryer. They look tasty btw

Comment

They are looking good. What next - Freezer, Jam, Spice, Flakes?

21 Varieties or have I counted duplicates?

Same again today

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      OMG! I want to try those! What do they taste like?.... Have you got any wedding favour bags for some of those flowers?
                      Not tried one yet. I pick a load of them yesterday but forgot to try one they are all in the freezer now. I could try bagging a couple of flowers. I haven't bothered because I didn't know what it was. Still not 100%.

Will try one over the weekend and let you know what it's like. I'm finding most of my chillies stupidly hot this year ! Guessing it's something to do with that nice weather we had. Tried a tiny slither of cherry bomb yesterday. My mouth was on fire for a good 10 minutes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        There is always a possibility they might make their way to a seed swap request

Comment

• Finally some starting to turn red.
                          Jalapeno's are mostly red with a few cayenne and cayenne long thin going red. Not much else though.
                          I actually think that despite the great weather my chillies matured quicker last year. I did have more room outside this year so they are all in bigger pots so maybe that is it. They spent more time growing and are later maturing.

Comment

• For the first time this year I've been growing 2 Friggitello plants from Mr F seed. It's supposed to be a sweet pepper but it seems to be like Russian roulette with the occasional one burning my mouth off. The first time this happened was a number of weeks ago when I baked a couple of green ones in the oven stuffed with cream cheese. Neither of us could eat them as they were so hot!

I then went out into the greenhouse and selected one from each plant to determine if one of the plants was the culprit but both peppers entirely lacked heat. So I thought nothing of it, untill...

Today I decided to pick one fully ripened and took a slice off it and again it felt like my mouth was on fire.

What on earth is going on?? They're from a packet of seeds I bought from a local GC so it's no like they're self-saved or anything. I just can't fathom what's going on .

Comment

• I’ve been doing well with chillis this year,because of the long hot summer.My plants outside did much better than under glass,I can’t believe.
                              I’ve been picking like this daily
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Honey child, maybe pick them before they are fully ripe? Pardon peppers can be a bit like that, some hot and other mild.

SP, I thought hou’d Like to see this - my first ever Dorset Naga, I don’t know why I’m growing hot ones again - my freezer is still full of black Nagas!!

Name:	BA422573-AC2D-4FC8-B72A-E2DBFE8BEC19.jpg
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	2380388

Name:	EF6F44A6-B7E8-4157-983F-129ADC848B47.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	2380389

Just waiting for them to turn red!

I must say the plant is pretty loaded. It’s in a flower bucket - I am hoping to over winter this one!
                                Last edited by Scarlet; 28-08-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X