Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you using to bag? How big is your bag? How big are your plants?
    Last edited by Scarlet; 13-06-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• I bag the leaves as well when it's all tight together. They're not bagged for much more than a week.
      I take the bag off ones the flowers died/ gone over. Then I tie bright pink ( it's what I had ! ) string around the stem. So I know the hand pollinated ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        What are you using to bag? How big is your bag? How big are your plants?
        Baby Blue wedding bags - Size 13 x 17cm

These are the exceptions.... Like SP the 1st few !'ve just bagged either the flower or flower and leaves. Tie string to indicate. The problem plants are where there is a tight cluster of flowers hidden under a canopy of larger leaves with short flower stalks - see 3 (A&B) and 8 (A&B) post 644. What I thought of doing was remove a couple of the large leaves and bag the cluster of flowers but will this harm flower/fruit development?

Comment

• I wouldn't do that. Perhaps get some cheap net curtains and just wrap the plant up. Stick some bamboo canes around the pot so you have something to make a frame. It doesn't have to be up for long.
          Those bags are small....you can get bigger ones.
          Try some cut off stockings/ pop socks they may be easier to get around just one flower and its stem....them take off when the flower is open, pollinate each flower with finger/paintbrush, cotton bud.
          Wait a bit, as the plant gets older it will produce flowers on its branches with longer stem.

Comment

• Don't think removing a couple of levels will do any harm. They all cope with being topped ( for those growers that do ).

Comment

I wouldn't do that. Perhaps get some cheap net curtains and just wrap the plant up. Stick some bamboo canes around the pot so you have something to make a frame. It doesn't have to be up for long.
              Try some cut off stockings/ pop socks they may be easier to get around just one flower and its stem....them take off when the flower is open, pollinate each flower with finger/paintbrush, cotton bud.
              Wait a bit, as the plant gets older it will produce flowers on its branches with longer stem.
              Ok - Waiting game it is them.

Comment

I wouldn't do that. Perhaps get some cheap net curtains and just wrap the plant up. Stick some bamboo canes around the pot so you have something to make a frame. It doesn't have to be up for long.
                As ever you never get the same answer twice

I was going to say how big those bags were I've got the really little ones!

I do the waiting game as well. I like the plant to produce it's own offspring before I start playing god with AI

Comment

• Eeek! It was a little windy last night. All was zipped up but the greenhouse must've been shaking, as the golden ghost fell of the staging and decapitated the Hungarian hot wax. It was one of my fastest growers and I'd only put it in it's final container yesterday. Now its only 3 inches high.

Comment

• Originally posted by IainM View Post
                    Eeek! It was a little windy last night. All was zipped up but the greenhouse must've been shaking, as the golden ghost fell of the staging and decapitated the Hungarian hot wax. It was one of my fastest growers and I'd only put it in it's final container yesterday. Now its only 3 inches high.
                    Not like I can say "Like". Always bad when that sort of thing happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      As ever you never get the same answer twice )
                      haha, I know - it won’t hurt the plant but it’s such early days I wouldn’t bother. No harm in waiting a few weeks. The early flowers often drop off anyway, so waiting until the plant has a lot more flowers makes more sense ( to me anyway ) than taking leaves off.

Comment

• Originally posted by IainM View Post
                        Eeek! It was a little windy last night. All was zipped up but the greenhouse must've been shaking, as the golden ghost fell of the staging and decapitated the Hungarian hot wax. It was one of my fastest growers and I'd only put it in it's final container yesterday. Now its only 3 inches high.
                        Still plenty of time for it to grow and give you some pods!

Comment

• Chris11 Challenge - June Update1.1

Didn't get round to measuring plants yesterday, so to give indication of size, here is the latest table.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris11 Challenge June3.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	2378748

Measured in mm

I also have several Red Scotch bonnets that I think are crossed with Ring of Fire that have just taken off - 750mm tall and growing - no flowers yet, a chocolate Habanero (that has only ever produced mini fruit - no seeds), couple Cayenne and a 6 or so sweet peppers in the 450 - 500mm size.

Comment

• thats some serious organising you have 4 shoes ,good work
                            The Dude abides.

Comment

• Really happy with my Black hangarion

Name:	P1000576.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	2378813

Name:	P1000578.jpg
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	2378815
                              Last edited by Ms-T; 17-06-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Lovely plant MsT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X