Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet, what are you growing this year?

Comment

• Not a huge selection this year - I was busy after Christmas and everything went pear shaped ....but I did do the seedling swap with SP so that helped....off the top of my head I have a Dorset Naga, red manzano, the TScorpion, an orange, chocolate and a pink hab, Nigel's outdoor, a lemon drop, la Paz , a couple of cayennes and a few others I can't think of

Comment

• I’m loving that bird Philthy!!!

Comment

• Still a good range though. I'm doing Chocolate Habanero now too; had a great specimen couple of years ago that I wish I'd kept going for longer. This year though I've had to resort to buying a few plants to grow on - chocolate hab one of them - as my seed germination this time has been abysmal. I've decided I'm getting an actual propogator for next season; what I'm using just takes too long to see results and is too sporadic when they do eventually come through.

I’m loving that bird Philthy!!!
          She's gorgeous alright Her name is Oscar, as she came to us when we were looking initially for a male. We were most surprised one day when our male bird laid an egg!
          By then though the name had stuck and she responds to it so Oscar she is. She's an Indian Ringneck, very cute, loves having her back scratched, and playing in the sink

Comment

• Hello Oscar you're a very pretty girl .

As I've got a new camera it would be very wrong not to take pictures of chillies

Golden cayenne
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	2378693 Click image for larger version

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	2378694

Pink habanero

Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	2378695 Click image for larger version

Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	2378696

Thanks for the seeds Chris11

Comment

• And a couple more

Bulgarian carrot

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	2378697 Click image for larger version

Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	2378698

Basket of fire

Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	2378699

Sugar rush peach. Thanks for the seeds Mitzi

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	2378701 Click image for larger version

Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	2378702

I won't boar you with anymore...........................today

Comment

• fantastic sp ,those pots look great ,where did you get them ? the square shaped ones
                Last edited by the big lebowski; 09-06-2018, 08:31 PM.
                The Dude abides.

Comment

• Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
                  fantastic sp ,those pots look great ,where did you get them ? the square shaped ones
                  The big ones like the Bulgarian carrot is in are te$co flower buckets ( I was quite lucky to get 6 of them ).
                  The ones the sugar rush peach is in........I'll look at tomorrow, I can't remember now. I just remember it took ages to find them! Because they are the same pot that come with a chilli grow ( holes in the bottom are slightly different but otherwise the same )

Comment

• ok mate well no hurry ,ive said it before i know but thats a great set up you have there ,good work they look like they are very happy chillis
                    The Dude abides.

Comment

• That Basket of Fire is on overdrive! (sure you haven't tipped the odd can of RedBull in there..)

Comment

• Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
                        fantastic sp ,those pots look great ,where did you get them ? the square shaped ones
                        I've had a look and a measure. Aeroplas square round pots 7" wide ( across the top ) 9 1/2" tall.
                        I had a quick google but couldn't find them again! But they are out there somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                          And a couple more

Bulgarian carrot
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]80898[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]80899[/ATTACH]

Basket of fire
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]80900[/ATTACH]

Sugar rush peach. Thanks for the seeds Mitzi
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]80902[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]80903[/ATTACH]

I won't boar you with anymore...........................today

Bulgarian carrot looking good. see paint brush ready at hand. Do you pollinate from un-netted flowers ?

Will make it much easier if that is ok. I've started with theory.... If PVA glue works. Net a group of flowers and you might get lucky..... Going for paint brush if they didn't pollinate

Doesn't help that it is the Chris11 challenge, so working on idea that bag one group of flowers from each plant.... If I like chilli, then grow again. Oh and still have to identify what they are.

Looking good btw

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
                            Bulgarian carrot looking good. see paint brush ready at hand. Do you pollinate from un-netted flowers ?

Will make it much easier if that is ok. I've started with theory.... If PVA glue works. Net a group of flowers and you might get lucky..... Going for paint brush if they didn't pollinate

Doesn't help that it is the Chris11 challenge, so working on idea that bag one group of flowers from each plant.... If I like chilli, then grow again. Oh and still have to identify what they are.

Looking good btw
                            I'm not the person to give advice on hand pollination. I've only tried once before and it was a complete fail. This year I'm painting every day as soon as the flower is open enough to get the brush in. Until the petals go brown. I only pollinate from other bagged flowers on the same plant. If only one flower is open then I just paint that one and cross my fingers, because I really don't know if that works or not.
                            As ever I'm just making it up as I go along!

Comment

• Chris11 Challenge - June Update1

Been working in the polytunnel today and took some time to document the progress of the Chris11 chilli plants.

Name:	Chilli Blog June1.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	2378745

Name:	Chilli Blog June2.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	2378746

Current thinking is that the following plants are same variety

3A & 3B - Similar Flower, Bud and plant structure

4A & 11B - Similar Flower, Bud (with purple tinge), Flower, plant and Chilli Fruit shape

8A,8B, 11A - Pot Black

12B looks very similar to 4A & 11B, but has larger flowers and no purple tip to flower bud

12A has purple tip to flower bud, but none of other flowers of same shape have.

Note
                              Plan to complete picture as plants develop flowers and fruit.

Sown 10/2/18
                              Picture 13/6/18
                              Last edited by 4Shoes; 14-06-2018, 08:06 AM. Reason: Added Note

Comment

• Flower Isolation...

Looking at structure of the flowers and plants today, it is going to be quite difficult to isolate the flowers due to the physical structure of the plant.

Is it alright to remove a couple of leaves near the flower head before you bag, or will this cause the flower to drop off?

I have looked at bagging a group of flowers, but often leaves prevent this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X