Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My over wintering Jalepeno is doing ok, couple of chillies still ripening on it, I do however have a couple of lower spurs that have lost their leaves, do I do any pruning or not and if so, when do you prune?

Comment

Burnie, take off the remaining fruit weather ripe or not and "Hack it Back" to where the plant starts to Y, cutting just above a leaf node, you will notice the main stem is now becoming "Woody" which is a good thing, now telling you this is becoming an established plant, down-pot it in some fresh compost, trimming the roots to make it fit if needs be, sprinkle a little slow release fertiliser over the top of the pot and stick it somewhere light and airy.

Come spring time it will start to re-sprout and regrow, paying you dividends next year!
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Took my Lemon Drop chilli inside and now have 3 lemon coloured chilli's and a fourth one on the way. Also have a red pepper developing nicely. Got nothing when outside.

The other peppers are developing a good selection of flowers. Kind of hoping they fail to get pollinated. Mainly as I have no idea what in a bathroom is the pollination culprit.

Comment

Propagators are on and first chilli seeds sown yesterday

Just a few of the oldest seeds that may or may not germinate, so I'm giving them a chance while there's still plenty of time.

But the season has begun.

Comment

it looks like iv'e lost the 3 jalies that i was trying to overwinter ,they went mouldy must have been to damp in the minie tunnell i'd got em in inside the green house, so it's start again time with the chillies!
            atb Dal

Comment

Another 16 varieties sown today.

Comment

First sowing yesterday..20 varieties
                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                sigpic

Comment

My sweet pepper in the spare bedroom, doesn't look too happy with it's droopy leaves - but it's still alive. So fingers crossed it will make it through.
                  I shan't be sowing anything for a while, until there is more light on the windowledges

Comment

The propagator has been switched on and I'm following your lead. I've sown my very first chilli's. Happiness is as a gardener does.

Comment

I'll not be starting my single chilli plant until the start of next month. I'm only growing one this year as igrew loads last year and i hardly use chilli to be honest. I've got a frozen block of blended chilies in the freezer which I've only used twice since the autumn.

Comment

Started 22/12. Eight varieties sown, seven have germinated so far. Haven't sown any since Boxing Day but will put some to soak tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                          I'll not be starting my single chilli plant until the start of next month. I'm only growing one this year as igrew loads last year and i hardly use chilli to be honest. I've got a frozen block of blended chilies in the freezer which I've only used twice since the autumn.
                          You could try some of the mild ones, Scoot? Something like Numex Suave or Trinidad Perfume which are supposed to have lots of flavour but not too much heat. I haven't tried them yet myself but people do like them.

Comment

Totally OT but Scarlet, is that you at 3:42?, it is innit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=635y...InIFlwgBGBhNcr

Comment

Yes, that's me! ...super sleuth!

Comment

whoa, im putting in for my detective first class badge
                                Enjoyed going over his old vids last night .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X