This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
    I'm not convinced my Christmas present seeds are what they say they are.
    Anyone got any idea if they are or not. I know they are still little and it's considerably easier when they are full of chillies
    Hmm, interesting, and as Chris11 (and you SP previously) said, they do all look rather similar to each other. Any chance of a side-on shot to see the gaps between the leaf nodes? Basically I have no idea.

Here's a couple of pics of my plants last year - firstly an annuum on the left and three chinenses to the right:

Secondly three baccatums on the left and one chinense on the right:

The chinenses seem to be more compact in the early stages at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      They are really slow growing, youmaynot get a big crop from a plant grown on outside. I know one year Jack grew the red manzano and the fruit didn’t have time to ripen. They are the best plants to overwinter though.
      Fruit in November......
      Wow those pods are massive! What do they taste like?

If we have another summer like 2017 then it's quite likely they might not get chance to ripen but that's the chance I have to take. I don't have a greenhouse and I certainly don't have room for sprawling plants like that on my windowsills, so it's outside or nothing!

Comment

• These are my babies which just got potted up last Saturday. The Genghis Khan Brain from Small Pumpkin is at the top right. Top left and bottom right are scotch bonnet varieties and bottom left is a rocoto.

Too early to tell yet but I have my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Some of my more advanced plants - a couple of rocotos (pubescens) at the back and the rest are chinenses.

The earliest of these were potted up almost six weeks ago so I'm going to start feeding them soon. They've had no feed yet other than what's already in the compost.

I'm a bit worried about all my chillies because our boiler broke down on Monday and isn't being repaired until Friday. I moved the heated laundry airer into the grow room but my other half moved it out again and actually said it's more important for him to keep warm than the chillies. He said "you can always buy more chillies." Do you think this is grounds for divorce?

(I snuck it back in again this morning after he had gone to work.)

I'll stop spamming the thread now.
          Last edited by Mitzi; 22-02-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
            Some of my more advanced plants - a couple of rocotos (pubescens) at the back and the rest are chinenses.

The earliest of these were potted up almost six weeks ago so I'm going to start feeding them soon. They've had no feed yet other than what's already in the compost.

I'm a bit worried about all my chillies because our boiler broke down on Monday and isn't being repaired until Friday. I moved the heated laundry airer into the grow room but my other half moved it out again and actually said it's more important for him to keep warm than the chillies. He said "you can always buy more chillies." Do you think this is grounds for divorce?

(I snuck it back in again this morning after he had gone to work.)

I'll stop spamming the thread now.
            Your chillies are look great Mitzi.
            In answer to your question, yes 100% grounds for divorce
            I've taken some more pics so I'll post them now. Don't hold your breath though it took me over an hour to post yesterday's

Comment

• Here you go Mitzi. They all look the same

Ghengus Khan brain
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	2376561

Chocolate

Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	2376562

Scorpion

Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	2376563

Naga

Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	2376564

Comment

• They do look compact, which is promising.

Comment

• mitzi and sp both of yours look great ,congrats
                  The Dude abides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                    They do look compact, which is promising.
                    I'm going to be very annoyed if they are the same and bl@@dy livid if they are all cayenne! ( I don't think they are).

Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
                    mitzi and sp both of yours look great ,congrats
                    Thank you.
                    How are yours doing.? You doing your hydroponics again?

Comment

• im not sure this year ,i put all my lights into a home made grow room witch the hydro unit goes in ,its out at the mo as my chillis are in there in the prop ,also my greenhouse came down over winter in the winds so i might use my grow room to start all my seeds in and then do a hydro chilli grow after that ,chillis ready by xmas maybe lol.

the chillis im growing this year are :
                      peruvian purple
                      cherry bomb
                      long slim cayenne
                      cayenne
                      fresno
                      jalapeno
                      orange hab
                      twighlight
                      prarie fire
                      and some sweet peppers
                      The Dude abides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
                        Hmmm...too early to be sure. Don't think they look typical of either annuums or chinense

But also, don't they all look remarkably the same to you, even though they're supposedly four different varieties?

Good luck
                        My thoughts entirely! ..............

Ya be right SP!

Mine are now "Firing" at a great rate of knot's!

So you do have "Back Up"
                        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                          In answer to your question, yes 100% grounds for divorce
                          Totally agree, completely out of order

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                          Wow those pods are massive! What do they taste like?
                          They are very hot. Thick walled and are great for hot salsa, they have lots of flesh so go a long way. I use them in chutney.
                          Even touching the pods can cause problems everyone who sees them are drawn to pick them up which can cause problems

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                          They all look the same
                          Yes, all very uniform. Fingers crossed you will see some changes soon.

Comment

• Hi all, could anyone offer me a bit of advise please. My habenero seems to be over wintering quite nicely, a first for me I pruned it on 23/1 and it's got lots of new growth However it's now starting to bud up and I'm not sure whether to pinch them off or not. It's been kept indoors since sowing on 30/12/16 , long story, last year is better forgotten about here it is ( with my tipple of choice for scale)Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0671.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	2376566Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0670.jpg
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	2376567

Comment

• I'll never get the hang of posting photos I haven't been at that bottle yet either, it's from last night, honestly

Comment

• All these plants are making me green with envy. My Chilli seedlings are just popping their heads above vermiculite now. Must put the grow lights on tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X