Project of the Month Challenge

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Having cleared the Gaps and finding the forgotten fence, I'm going to continue clearing that area. Once upon a time, there was a paved patio which caught the evening sun and had a view over the City.
    The paving slabs have been lifted and reused elsewhere, there are piles of logs and branches against next door's fence and the shrubs I planted against the fence have grown so tall they block the view.
    By the end of September I will have a view again

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76127[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]76128[/ATTACH]
    which photo is the before and what ones the after
    Last edited by rary; 17-09-2017, 07:22 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Just realised that we are halfway through September, as I was going to put sorting my deep bed and clearing my flower beds as my September project, so I aim to be finished by mid October, weather permitting
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I've been delayed for a couple of days due to wet weather but the sun has finally come back out so I'll be cracking on with clearing and digging tomorrow It didn't help that my cheap-and-chatty secateurs that I'd been using decided to break halfway through clearing a bramble patch from the side of the polytunnel on Tuesday! Very annoying as I've been meaning to get a decent pair or two for a few weeks now! Thankfully I was able to order some via the Argos website (got no ready cash to spare so stuck it on my card) and they arrived today.

I'm pleased with how much I've gotten done though and have used the wet days productively by working out where new beds are going to be. I've even been mulling over the idea of seeing if I can rent another plot next year. There's a rather nice one a few up from mine which has a good fence around it and though weedy is all easy to remove stuff like nettles and thistles....unlike one on the other side which is wall to wall horsetail!
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Well, September is nearly over. How's everyone getting on with this month's challenges?

I started with 2 projects back in August, with the aim of finishing both by the end of September.
          The good news is I've filled all my kilner jars (plus a few extras). There wasn't room for all in photo, but there are 13 big jars of crumble/pie filling, apple sauce, pickled chillis and peppers, 4 varieties of jam, a batch of marmalade, 3 different kinds of chutneys, and a (now half-eaten) jar of pickled nasturtium pods.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	jam2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	2375258

The brassica cages are a little behind schedule… (I told you I was prone to unfinished projects), so the photo will have to wait a week or so
          I do have a good excuse though; a surprise birthday present of a pick-up load of rotted manure! I wish I had remembered to count how many builders buckets I carried down to our plot, but it was certainly enough to earn 2 hot baths
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0854.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	2375259

Comment

Well done Chestnut Not sure which photo I prefer - the preserves or the manure

I've failed at my challenge Its been too wet the last few days and I've been sidetracked into helping a neighbour clear her house as they have to move into a smaller one. The contents of a 5 bedroom house won't fit in a 2 bedroom flat!

In October, I'll complete my September challenge. Next week the tree surgeons will be here doing some serious pruning of some trees that were damaged in the recent storms. there'll be a lot of clearing up to do afterwards so I'll make that my October Challenge. Will post photos, before and after.

Comment

I definitely prefer the manure

I also will aim to complete my September challenge in October, along with filling in the hole left when I removed the old shed base in June (another of my 'unfinished projects' collection!), ready for some raised beds in November

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X