No announcement yet.

Project of the Month Challenge

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good VC! I assume the top pictures are the after I'll have to get out with my camera!

Comment

The Befores are on the left and the Afters on the right - you cheeky thing

Comment

September Project - having a view again.

Having cleared the Gaps and finding the forgotten fence, I'm going to continue clearing that area. Once upon a time, there was a paved patio which caught the evening sun and had a view over the City.
        The paving slabs have been lifted and reused elsewhere, there are piles of logs and branches against next door's fence and the shrubs I planted against the fence have grown so tall they block the view.
        By the end of September I will have a view again

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9032.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	2374788 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9033.jpg
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	2374789

Comment

Not cheeky, just a bit thick! ha

Comment

Looks great & nice how it's more opened up now (#30 photos) You've made that tree stump well happy Those stumps would look good with little fairy doors on,I had one years ago before my stump rotted,ages ago only about 15cm tall,no idea where it is now,they must've moved with it or something?
            Last edited by Jungle Jane; 01-09-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Very good VC. Nice you've got your team of little helpers.

I finished my August project, stone is down in the soggy area, it's all strimed and tided up.

Don't think I have a September project. Next project is changing all the wood round my raised beds. Hopefully be starting that as soon as the first bed is empty.

Comment

My projects tend to be of the sort "find it, deal with it, finish it" all in one day. Here is the one that I tackled today.

Alchemilla Erythropoda out of control this morning...

Name:	2017-09-16_142517.jpg
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	2375050

I got this plant from my Mum's garden, with a warning that it would take over if I was not careful, so every year I chop it back to keep it in the corner. I love the silver edged and silvery backed leaves, and it is excellent ground cover, but I also like my cyclamen.

This afternoon...

Name:	2017-09-16_142647.jpg
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	2375051

Looks a bit messy, but the cyclamen now have room to breathe a little and hopefully I will get a few flowers later. There are spring bulbs under there too.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

How frustrating!!!!! I typed out a reply then lost it *sigh*

Great thread BTW veggiechicken - lovely to see others' projects developing

2017 has been a bit of a non-event on my allotment as I completely lost my gardening mojo BUT I'm now feeling a whole lot better and actually excited to get stuck in. I start a week off work today so will be heading off up the plot soon and plan on getting LOADS done Monday - Saturday as Neil is now working during the day so I have time to do my own stuff once more.

Jobs I need done before the end of September include....

Weeding!!!
                  Top area dug over so I can work out where veggie beds are going to be.
                  Perennial plants moved to different section of the plot.
                  EVERYTHING pulled out of the polytunnel - perennials, weeds, soil the lot! It's completely rotten & falling apart and Neil wants to dismantle it, clear the site and then, in the coming months, rebuild me a nice new strong tunnel again He reckons I'll not get it done in a week - I'll show him!

Other jobs which aren't so 'urgent' are cleaning out my water butts ready for the winter rains, cleaning & sorting my pots and seed trays ready for the spring and fixing any gaps in the fencing so Mr Bunny cannot get in any more! The water butts I cannot reach at the moment as they're in amongst a bed of 6ft nettles but as soon as I've cleared those I'll be tipping out the manky water and will get them cleaned out (THAT should be a 'lovely' job) as soon as I've done the rest of the September jobs. The other jobs can be done in the winter months.

The plot is getting a full makeover and should look much better by the spring
                  Last edited by Gillykat; 18-09-2017, 09:22 AM.
                  If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Lovely Blog, Gilly and its good to have you back with us, in all senses
                    How about picking one little area and making it your project of the month - so that we can give you a Gold Star when you've finished it
                    I have to admit to not making much progress on my Challenge but there's still a couple of weeks to the end of the month, so I'm hopeful

Comment

Life sometimes throws us challenges to do on top of our challenges reminds me of this quote by donJuan
                      "The basic difference between an ordinary person and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary person takes everything as a blessing or a curse."
                      Think of ourselves as warriors,it's helpful for when challenges get thrown at us that we didn't ask for

Comment

Finally I have cleared where the grow house was as a result of getting new garden furniture last Sunday it was Alans Allotment: Growhouse Clearance this week its making a covered extension to the new potting bench making it more of an all purpose onion drying, hardening off kind of area Alans Allotment: Bench To Potting Bench
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

Just got back from a VERY productive three hours When I first opened the gate my first thought was ''Oh dear me'' ....or words to that effect! But after a potter around to look at stuff I decided to start weeding the front left-side entrance bed and work from there.

Three hours later I had emptied that bed, found a whole load of plant pots which I know are full of spring bulbs (a very pleasant surprise as I'd completely forgotten all about them!), moved all the wood and spare greenhouse frame across from the right-hand side bed and weeded that bed. Then I started on the nettle & ground elder-infested compost heaps and got these half emptied before heavy rain rolled in and stopped play for the day.

Tomorrow I'll finish the weeding of the heaps and then start on the polytunnel itself as I've decided to plant the perennials temporarily in the right-hand bed until I've finished the top section area....hopefully by the end of the week, weather permitting.

Let's see if I can get some Before & After pics to show....

Edited to add: nope, piccies won't load
                          Last edited by Gillykat; 17-09-2017, 03:41 PM.
                          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Well done Gilly Sometimes the first step is the hardest, soon you'll be running

With your photo problems, are they on your phone? Have you seen http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...one_94345.html

Comment

No, I always take my digital camera with me and once I get home I download (?) them onto the computer. I've just updated the blog so the pics are showing ok on there....perhaps I'll be able to get them on here from there

I've never previously had a problem getting photos to show on here - only in the past month or two since I started 'getting back' into my allotment....it's probably something really obvious and basic I'm doing wrong!!!
                              Last edited by Gillykat; 17-09-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

The instructions in the http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...one_94345.html work if you're loading from a PC too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X