• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendigedig iawn

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Wow, Aunty I hadn't realised you were in sunny North Wales. Croeso i'r Vine
    I'm on the side of a Welsh mountain too and its always sunshiny here
    Welcome to the Funny Farm!
    Hope to see a lot more of you when Doctor does his rounds!
    Diolch yn fawr iawn i chi, VC (thank you very much to you, for those who don't siarad Cymraeg/speak Welsh)!!! Is the doctor Dishy?
    sigpic

From Planet of the Apes to Animal Farm: a record of our first year in a microscopic country village with more cows and stars than people -

Comment

Thank You

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
      Welcome to the vine.
      I used to live in sunny Rhyl! ( I will never set foot in the place again )
      Thank you, Small pumpkin - that takes some guts, living in Rhyl. One thing it's good for is if you feel like you're getting old or unattractive, just take a stroll down by the leaning tower. It's like the set for a George Romero zombie film.

Anyhoo, nice to meet you and if it really is a nutters' club, who needs an invite, eh?
      sigpic

From Planet of the Apes to Animal Farm: a record of our first year in a microscopic country village with more cows and stars than people -

Comment

At the moment, Balders, we are living in a cloud. It hasn't stopped raining since the middle of June... I hope your daughter has a lovely time in Devon... I used to have family in Smithaleigh. Can she take a detour and bring the sunshine to the Welsh Riviera?
        sigpic

Comment

Can I ask you guys one other question? I looked up the A-Z of Veg and there was nothing on broad beans.

I have dwarf Karmazyn which I won't plant again as they don't taste very nice. I got a colander of beans which unfortunately I over-boiled. Now the plants only have two or three beans on them, so not sure if they are going to give any more, especially as the bees have disappeared since the Flood that started here mid-June.

I was thinking of sowing some dwarf French beans, indoors in toilet roll tubes, to plant out when big enough, to replace the broad beans. Is there a way to tell when the broad beans are done producing and ready to be chopped up for green manure? I planted the Karmazyn seedlings in April.

Many thanks in advance again, hope you are all looking forward to a lovely weekend...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aunty Social View Post
            Diolch yn fawr iawn i chi, VC (thank you very much to you, for those who don't siarad Cymraeg/speak Welsh)!!! Is the doctor Dishy?
            Ah, you want to see Dr. Dishy Sorry, he's fully booked today. All the ladies ask for him.
            Maybe next year?

Comment

With your broad beans, my theory is - if there's no sign of more flowers, they've probably done their thing.
              I'm growing Wizard Field beans this year, instead of broadies - still plenty of pods to pick but no more flowers, so I'll chop them down when the last bean has been harvested.
              They taste nice too - and the beans are quite small so there's less tendency to leave them to "fatten up"!

Broad Bean Seed

Comment

Thank you

Cheers, Veggiechicken - the flowers are black. So one to avoid in future. Might check out what you are growing, the Wizard you mentioned...hope you are looking forward to a great weekend xox
                sigpic

Comment

Ah, you want to see Dr. Dishy Sorry, he's fully booked today. All the ladies ask for him.
                  Maybe next year?
                  I'm so looking forward to that tho I have to say, my audiologist looks like a film star...
                  sigpic

Comment

A film star, yes, -------------but what film?
                    Comedy, horror, cartoon?

Comment

Originally posted by Aunty Social View Post
                      Cheers, Veggiechicken - the flowers are black. So one to avoid in future. Might check out what you are growing, the Wizard you mentioned...hope you are looking forward to a great weekend xox
                      The flowers go black while they're setting beans - so don't give up yet!
                      Is it the weekend soon? I never know what day it is - and that's the truth

Comment

A film star, yes, -------------but what film?
                        Comedy, horror, cartoon?
                        Not a film star but a TV actor, dark hair... name escapes me... narrows it down a bit, eh? It will come...
                        sigpic

Comment

Dr Who????????

Comment

Boris Karloff, Bella Legosi, Lon Chaney Jn?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Dr Who????????
                              No - in the words of Count Arthur Strong: Dr What ;-)

It's driving me crazy. I can see his face, but can't think of what he's been in. DOCTORS, probably.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                                Boris Karloff, Bella Legosi, Lon Chaney Jn?
                                Lol. No, my audiologist really is good looking. Though Mr Pratt (Karloff) scrubbed up quite well, didn't he?
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X