Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Courgettes and squashes have you picked in 2017?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been picking courgettes for over a month now from three plants. I lost count at around thirty but I guess I've picked around 40 to 50 in total. I got given a couple of "Green Egg" zucchini plants by a neighbour and they've just started producing as well!

I was late planting cucumbers so I've only had 6 so far.

Comment

I picked my first 2 cucumbers yesterday and they were delicious with the promise of loads more on the plants
      Gardening blog http://ploughyofurrow.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

Non...nil....zilch!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
          A forum total count is a great idea
          Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Cucumbers 6
          Courgettes 1+ 2 = 3
          The Running Total has ended in failure on Day 1
          Keep your own totals and we'll "try" to add them together at the end of the season.
          Who has the calculator?

Comment

1 cucumber (a mini one) and another one soon! Only flowers on the courgettes so far - the deluge is bound to come though .

Comment

Today two courgettes and 4 mini munch cumbers, the lad wanted some.
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Much depends on if they are grown in a greenhouse or not?

I have zilch so far but that's not surprising given they are growing in the open and in the Midlands.

Comment

Mine are a long way off! Had a flower but nothing came of it sadly..

Comment

Today was 8 mini munch, I can't remember who recommended these cumbers but thank you I have never had a plant so prolific with fruit. Oh and they taste good too. The lad (who happens to be 42) eats them like a stick of rock............

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

3 Courgettes (Sure Thing) and zero Cucumbers as they seem to want to commit Hari Kari this year

Comment

My first courgette is swelling nicely, about half-grown I estimate.

I wasn't actually expecting to get any - just after I sowed the seeds indoors, we got a cold snap so I kept the seedlings in for longer than I think ought to have done, with the result that they became very leggy. Taking pity on them I planted them out under cloches and they seemed to be doing OK, albeit still rather leggy.

The Law of S*d struck just after I removed the cloches, in the shape of strong overnight winds which partially tore the stems through. Two plants died, and two looked like they may still have a chance so I earthed the stems up to above the damaged length, sowed some more seeds just in case and crossed my fingers. One of the two died and the second appears to be going great guns. Since there's only me to eat them, I think the extra seeds may be OTT after all.

Comment

I have 12 plants out so far, and not a single flower between them... They'll catch up, though.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Is that your total or the running total tree pixie?
                            That's my total

Comment

Thanks treepixie.
                              It was at that point I realised it would be impossible for us to keep a running total of the Vines' courgettes
                              Saved me counting on my fingers anyway!

Comment

5 more mini munch today, along with tomorrows harvest these will be going with SWMBO to the old folks home.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X