No announcement yet.

I like square pots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You like square pots, and you cannot lie?

And big butts? I think my largest is 200L.

Comment

I like square pots and I can't deny. You can't do the four finger pinch with round pots!
      He-Pep!

Comment

I like round pots and I can not lie.
        All you other growers can't deny...
        ... that round pots are more curvy and aesthetically pleasing.

Comment

I, today, came to the resolution that in future I will only use square pots. There's something in the air....

Comment

Square.

I use what ever I can snaffle, but it is mostly square.

Also, in a tray of square pots, snails find it hard to slide up in between them to eat your plants.
            Last edited by seasprout; 08-05-2017, 05:42 AM. Reason: Extra s added.
            Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by AkionTotocha View Post
              Or you'll end up like one of those Japanese watermelons, Bren.
              Had to google that AT
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

It's about time Moddisons did the decent thing for us and provide SMFB's
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Gosh you lot are demanding - you've given me a great idea though. You could use those M***** corner yoghurt pots - put the soil and seed in the main bit and use the corner bit for extra soil / water / some treats for when you're potting on. Whatever takes your fancy
                  Last edited by vixylix; 08-05-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Perhaps round pots would work better in round seed trays !
                    Jimmy
                    Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

I'm sure my mother told me that the original design of the flower pot was easier to make round as they were made of clay, and when they started making them in plastic they stuck to the traditional shape, but I am sure some of the older Grapes could verify this. Where's VC when you are looking for her? But yes Baldy the square ones are far better 're space etc.
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Have you ever tried throwing a square pot on a potter's wheel, rary?
                        No...............neither have I
                        Hexagonal pots would be good - like bee comb. Its said to be the most efficient use of space. Maybe triangles would work?

Comment

Square pots are wasteful and an abomnation to the eye!

If a plant is set exactly in the centre of a pot the roots will reach the sides of a round pot at the same time and be ready for potting on.
                          In a square pot the compost in the corners will be rootless, and so wasteful!

Anyway,there are very few squares in nature but plenty of rounds and hexagons!
                          Last edited by Snadger; 08-05-2017, 07:00 PM.
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Anyway,there are very few squares in nature but plenty of rounds and hexagons!
                            Depends on where you look

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                              Depends on where you look

You've been dallying with the Borg again, haven't you!
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Or playing with your Macro camera!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X