• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
    Pull em down Snoop
    Good grief!

Comment

If it works I'm guessing that the leaves are putting out some type of hormone which slows down sprout development - the stalky bit at the Base might not produce it, or at least not as much.

Just a guess and possibly incorrect but I just wanted to make it look as if I was paying attention.
      Last edited by Jay-ell; 18-04-2017, 08:43 AM.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        Meanwhile, a few pages back, I've got a question on topic () still awaiting a reply...
        Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
        Pull em down Snoop
        I'm more surprised by Snoop's comment that GL's

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          I'm more surprised by Snoop's comment that GL's
          I'm not sure what to make of that. I don't think it's a vote of confidence though.

As you were with the radishes and leeks, guys.

Comment

Reading back, I'm not sure what I meant either
            Just ignore me..........

Comment

The bottom leaves do snap off easily when they start yellowing & are ready to come off. The leaves higher up don't break away so easily & I use my secateurs. I cut as close as I can to the main stem of the plant,about one inch,that little piece of stem eventually becomes squashed within the huge sprouts. I don't think the man in the video leaves his leaves on long enough,he cuts them too soon & pests would just destroy the upper leaves more....

Comment

Thanks, Jungle Jane. I'm used to removing the yellowing leaves, which just seem to fall off in your hand. But pruning the others is more of a mystery to me. I might try it this year on some plants and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

I'm trying to explain how I take the leaves off but I have yet to find a sentence that doesn't sound rude.

Comment

Well, just come out with it! Greenleaves did...

Comment

Okay: I just give them a sharp tug and they come off in my hand.

See?

Comment

Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                        Okay: I just give them a sharp tug and they come off in my hand.

See?
                        So what were the rude versions
                        Or is it just that you have a filthy mind

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                          So what were the rude versions
                          Or is it just that you have a filthy mind
                          My thought as well!

Comment

I shall preserve a graceful silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              I've never had what I could call a successful yield of Sprouts but this morning I came across this & I'm gonna give it a go. Do you prune yours?
                              Think your question was the first asked on GQT 70 years ago:

BBC Radio 4 - Gardeners' Question Time, 70th Anniversary Special

Can listen without laughing.
                              Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                              By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                              While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                              At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

By that's a grand accent MrBE.
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X