Pepper seeds from tescos peppers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
    Bought these yesterday and thinking of saving seeds and growing them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78550[/ATTACH]

I think and hope they're probably Fresno, which I've not yet grown. Another possibility is Serenade F1. Anyone confident about identifying them?
    I'm not going to try identifying them. Specially as I've never grown either of the potential suspects.
    Is there much difference between them flavour or heat wise ? Could you be a little more confident in identifying after tasting?
    Either way you've got to give them a go

Comment

The fresno we grew were more rounded at the tip, like a jalapeno and the stub left over from the flower was slightly offset. Hope this helps

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fresno.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	2376467
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
        Either way you've got to give them a go
        First one looped today

Comment

Plant 12A

I had some unusually nice Jalapenos in a Tesco mixed chilli pack a couple of years ago, saved some seeds, and grew some plants from them.

I'm guessing the original variety was an F1, as there was some variety in the 4 plants that I grew. Some were milder, some were larger, some ripened to red, others only to a chocolate colour, but they were all typically larger than an average jalapeno.

The pictures show fruits from the F2 plants.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71637[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71638[/ATTACH]

Update: If anybody wants any F3 seeds from these Jalapenos, I could offer them as part of my Seed Offer.
          Was thinking this was the Tesco Special, but then looked again and it is the wrong shape...

Back to scratching head.

60mm long

Name:	Tesco Chilli.GIF
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	2378929
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 4Shoes; 24-06-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
            Back to scratching head.

60mm long[ATTACH=CONFIG]81215[/ATTACH]
            It's not a Jalapeno. Is it nearly black in colour? I think I know what this one is, and I'm glad you've got one of these. It's very rare, and it's not one I've offered in my Seed Offer list yet.

If I'm guessing right, it will be a sweet pepper which will ripen from black to a dramatic dark red

Comment

It's not a Jalapeno. Is it nearly black in colour? I think I know what this one is, and I'm glad you've got one of these. It's very rare, and it's not one I've offered in my Seed Offer list yet.

If I'm guessing right, it will be a sweet pepper which will ripen from black to a dramatic dark red
              Good call on you. So best not to pick it then

Comment

Follow on question....

I have a plant with 4 chocolate bell peppers from Kingsseeds - 3 are 75m, the other is slightly smaller at 50mm

https://www.kingsseeds.com/Products/...emplate&b=true

Name:	Mixed Sweet Pepper.JPG
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	2378962

You can see from the picture on the packet the fruit is green and red peppers....

Does anyone have experience of growing these? Will they turn deep red like these below and I should leave them and wait.

https://www.kingsseeds.com/Products/...emplate&b=true

With no experience of sweet peppers not sure what to do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X