No announcement yet.

Pepper seeds from tescos peppers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth, I planted some broad bean seeds in the GH a while ago and the shoots have finally come out. I put 3 seeds on the windowsill watered and between a layer of kitchen roll and they have litterealy swollen overnight. Interesting.
    412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfeda View Post
      never tried seeds from supermarket stuff, as I grow peppers those I cannot find in shops

hope you like them.
      If you happen to like the ones that you usually buy, you might just as well use the free seeds to grow your own. I like free seeds

Comment

This years little bundle.
        When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Update

First 10 seeds germinated and have been planted into tubs currently on the windowsill.
          The next 16 seeds to germinate have been planted into tubs but left in the greenhouse, if they don't survive I'll still have the other 10 to rely on.
          Reminding seeds in wet kitchen roll I've left in the greenhouse, I'll plant any more that I find germinated if needed

Comment

Where are you based Mic? I wouldn't leave pepper out in a cold GH until May at the earliest - unless you are bringing indoors at night? They are tender plants and need a minimum temp of 12 at the very Learjet.

Comment

These Romano peppers from a well known supermarket are just about to go into their 3rd year (think they will need repotting in the near future), really taste nice to me. (As soon as they show leaves they will be pruned a bit more, but by pruning before onset of the long nights, I know they are not carrying aphids into winter.
              They are kept at a minimum of 20c.

There are also some new seedlings that are unnamed (one is a chilli + one is a bell), who knows, but its fun and they may even taste good.Click image for larger version

Name:	1-DSCN2333.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	2371139Click image for larger version

Name:	2-DSCN2334.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	2371140
              Last edited by fishpond; 19-02-2017, 06:13 PM.
              Feed the soil, not the plants.
              (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Where are you based Mic? I wouldn't leave pepper out in a cold GH until May at the earliest - unless you are bringing indoors at night? They are tender plants and need a minimum temp of 12 at the very Learjet.
                In Berkshire. Can't seem to update profile yet. I leave em to it, not overly worried if they don't grow it's not like I have room to grow em all anyway tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Love your predictive text, Scarlet. You must have a very upmarket phone
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

I had some unusually nice Jalapenos in a Tesco mixed chilli pack a couple of years ago, saved some seeds, and grew some plants from them.

I'm guessing the original variety was an F1, as there was some variety in the 4 plants that I grew. Some were milder, some were larger, some ripened to red, others only to a chocolate colour, but they were all typically larger than an average jalapeno.

The pictures show fruits from the F2 plants.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 125.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2371175Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 126.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	2371176

Update: If anybody wants any F3 seeds from these Jalapenos, I could offer them as part of my Seed Offer.
                    Last edited by Chris11; 24-12-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Any idea what size pot these need to be in? Some have sprouted quite well so was on the list to replant tomorrow!

Thanks

Comment

I'd put them into 3" pots to start with and bigger the better for their final pot size.
                        One of my Palermo has germinated

Comment

can i put em in the unheated greenhouse yet (poly type not glass) or is it still too cold??

Comment

Too cold IMO

Comment

I'd say it was still to cold to put peppers into greenhouse/ polytunnel.
                              I'm not putting anything out till April ( and probably not the beginning)

My lamuyo has germinated now as well was a little worried about him, seed is quite old.
                              But the boy's done good

Comment

Bought these yesterday and thinking of saving seeds and growing them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180211_114757.jpg
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	2376457

I think and hope they're probably Fresno, which I've not yet grown. Another possibility is Serenade F1. Anyone confident about identifying them?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X