No announcement yet.

keeping cats off veg garden

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found that half rotted compost from the dalek keeps cats off. The local nuisance found the one tiny patch that I missed when spreading it as a mulch in autumn (because I'd shoved a couple of sage cuttings in the ground there, protected by short canes), and scratched out cuttings and sticks to use the patch as a toilet. The rest of the area is untouched........so far
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

I think if I gave my advice on keeping cats orf the garden I would be told off and get the pointy stick.

Comment

lion manure (sorry couldnt help it )
        The Dude abides.

Comment

Male pee sprinkled ,just a tiny bit, all around the veg area will keep cats off and lasts 5-6 weeks, that's what my grandad taught me and for over 40yrs now it has worked,I
          am only talking an eggcup full over the whole area, we are surrounded by pet cats but they are not a problem. They walk up the drive, just to prove to themselves they can, but they don't go on the veg patch at all...

Comment

Curry powder works, useful to sprinkle sparingly round newly planted out seedlings. I recently bought a kilo of hot madras for £4.00 from an Asian supermarket. (it's a really nice blend for cooking with too).
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
              Male pee sprinkled ,just a tiny bit, all around the veg area will keep cats off and lasts 5-6 weeks, that's what my grandad taught me and for over 40yrs now it has worked,I
              am only talking an eggcup full over the whole area, we are surrounded by pet cats but they are not a problem. They walk up the drive, just to prove to themselves they can, but they don't go on the veg patch at all...
              I must insist that you sprinkle with a can/container or you will end up getting arrested..

Comment

I must insist that you sprinkle with a can/container or you will end up getting arrested..
                That goes without saying if you're of the female persuasion. We don't come with built-in sprinkler hoses as standard
                Endless wonder.

Comment

Ahh, but female pee probably doesn't smell the same as male pee, so might not do the job (I have no evidence either way).
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

It is true that female pee does not have the same effect, that was made clear as an 8yr old I was told how to keep cats off, but not shown, thankfully, as he said " you will just have to take my word for it", but it has proven to be correct, I just wonder how a lady would advertise for a "sprinkler", doesn't bear thinking about..WANTED,regular sprinkler!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                      That goes without saying if you're of the female persuasion. We don't come with built-in sprinkler hoses as standard
                      Don't want to get drawn into this one but ....
                      The Original Shewee - Shewees

Comment

Male pee sprinkled ,just a tiny bit, ...........I
                        am only talking an eggcup full over the whole area,
                        I have this image of Buffs, filling an eggcup (no more) and sprinkling it round the garden
                        Just an eggcup, no more, no less
                        Are you sure that's possible?

Comment

Did anyone else have this sort of image pop into their head?

Endless wonder.

Comment

I did but I didn't want to offend anyone
                            .............and I didn't know the name of the eggcup thingy

Comment

Barry Cryer would - he's very clever... could be a double bluff though...
                              sigpic
                              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                I have this image of Buffs, filling an eggcup (no more) and sprinkling it round the garden
                                Just an eggcup, no more, no less
                                Are you sure that's possible?
                                I think this is probably a loaves and fishes thing
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X