No announcement yet.

Lidl Palermo Peppers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a perfect shape but our first red Palermo. This one's from the greenhouse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0360.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	2375018
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Palermos starting to go red now

Name:	Palermo 20170918_152949.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	2375072 Click image for larger version

Name:	Palermo 20170918_152919.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	2375073

Comment

They're looking good Chris found a right menky one today with a grub inside.. yuk
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Got quite a few ripening now

Name:	Palermo 2017100.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	2375281

Comment

Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
            Got quite a few ripening now
            A perfect Palermo, nice one Chris, had a few ourselves will certainly be growing them again.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Seed

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
              In Lidl the other day I picked up some Palermo pointed red peppers. They're very tasty and sweet so I've saved the seeds. World seeds site says they're suited to growing in cooler climates. I've had success saving seed from unknown varieties before but wondered if anyone here has grown Palermo in the UK.
              I grow a vegetable garden and I have a lot of different seeds that I would be glad to share with you if you could give me a few Palermo seeds. I'd like to try them this year. Actually even if you don't have enough to share I will still give you some of what I have. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by colminton View Post
                I grow a vegetable garden and I have a lot of different seeds that I would be glad to share with you if you could give me a few Palermo seeds. I'd like to try them this year. Actually even if you don't have enough to share I will still give you some of what I have. Thanks
                This thread is 2 years old so unlikely that seeds will be available, please read these rules regarding seed swaps:-
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...nce_76437.html
                Last edited by burnie; 11-01-2020, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Hi

I am think of growing Palermo from seeds collected from the peppers. I don't have a greenhouse any chance that they will be successful? I am based in Kent and have a South facing garden. Or doesn't work the effort?

Comment

As well I notice that the sale them as Palermo rz F1. Do they end up true to type?

Comment

I don't know Ele, but try them both maybe if you can and report back? Sounds like an interesting experiment
                      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have got germinated seed done indoors from peppers bought in Aldi and they have now been now moved to the allotment greenhouse. They look like the same ones. Last year I planted several plants along side tomatoes from shop bought fruit seed. It was an extremely bad year for blight and I lost the lot before any fruit ripened.
                        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X