No announcement yet.

Lidl Palermo Peppers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say they were the equivalent to sun gold in sweetness terms.

So I'm really hoping they are the same as the parent pepper I got the seeds from. They're certainly looking like it

Comment

I've taken a couple more pics because my ipad pics were cr@p
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0698 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	2373540

Name:	IMG_0696 (Medium).jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	2373541

Name:	IMG_0695 (Medium).jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	2373542

Comment

Superb Sp, mine have got a bit of catching up to do
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Mine are finally starting to look promising.

Name:	IMG_0156.jpg
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	2374155
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Similar here, Mr Bones.

Here's mine this week:

Name:	Palermo 20170807_131244.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	2374345 Click image for larger version

Name:	Palermo 20170807_131224.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	2374346

Comment

I've harvested one of mine! Needed a green pepper for a recipe. Even green they still have a lovely sweet taste.

Anyone's peppers even considering changing colour yet ? Mine definitely aren't.

Comment

Ooh that's interesting SP, I've not tried a green one. No colour change yet, how about yours Chris, they look further on than mine.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                  I've harvested one of mine! Needed a green pepper for a recipe. Even green they still have a lovely sweet taste.

Anyone's peppers even considering changing colour yet ? Mine definitely aren't.
                  Yes, mine have started to change, I have picked some Cayanne, Hungarisn hot wax. Also a couple of Madina. All turned red.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                    Ooh that's interesting SP, I've not tried a green one. No colour change yet, how about yours Chris, they look further on than mine.
                    Even a month later, they're all still mainly green with some darker colour just starting to show.
                    Have eaten a couple green and happy with them. The poor summer has had a lot of things ripening late for me, but plants and fruits are still healthy and doing ok in the greenhouse.

Comment

When I was in a Liddle just across in the Czech Republic earlier in the year I saw some gorgeous long pointy orange peppers, and of course I wanted them for seeds. But I didn't have any Czech money left and they wouldn't accept Euro coins, so I had to leave them behind. And I haven't seen them in any of the Slovak Liddles I've checked in since then. I must go back across the border some day and see if they still have them. Any sign of them in the UK at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Zelenina View Post
                        Any sign of them in the UK at all?
                        Not noticed any, but to be fair I'm going straight past the veg section at the moment
                        One or two of our Palermos' are turning nicely but lots are still green.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                          One or two of our Palermos' are turning nicely but lots are still green.
                          Same here, unfortunately mine has fallen over with the weight of peppers, taking it's cane support with it!
                          I can't stand them up again, I'm sure branches would snap. Apart from its horizontal appearance, it's doing very well.

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	2375008

This is my lamuyo ( seeds from another shop brought pepper )
                          3rd year growing these ( from the same lot of saved seeds), best year ever!!!
                          Yes. I'm just showing off .......but look at the size of that!
                          ( that is my hand next to it, not a child's )

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	2375009

Comment

I take it you also have a small hand then SMALLPumpkin
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

They are a late variety by the sound of things...
                              Due to the long ripening process, the flavour of Sweet PalermoŽ develops more slowly than other peppers and is therefore more intense.
                              Sweet Palermo

Comment

Originally posted by Zelenina View Post
                                When I was in a Liddle just across in the Czech Republic earlier in the year I saw some gorgeous long pointy orange peppers, and of course I wanted them for seeds. Any sign of them in the UK at all?
                                Not seen them in my local Lidl, but will watch out for them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X