• Show
Clear All

Yesterday's lunchtime salad

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	2373984

Lettuce Warpath, pea Hurst Greenshaft, tomato Shirley, cucumber Mini Munch, baby beetroot Boltardy, mustard microgreens.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Not a very inspiring salad today, but its getting to the point of "what will last till tomorrow" not "what can I eat today"! I am inundated with cucumbers, peppers lettuces and tomatoes and the mustard microgreens are rather on the big side:

Name:	002.jpg
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	2374112

The lettuce is Warpath, which has formed such a tight little head that I couldn't unravel it (which I usually do to wash the leaves). The cucumber is Cucino, this one was over 6 inches long and there are plenty more. Tomatoes are Shirley and the little pepper is snackbite yellow.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Found these in the garden,a slug had eaten a bit of my green pepper so I took it off the plant & cut the decent bits off for me,checking for caterpillars along the way just in case but it was ok. All homegrown except the cheese

Name:	IMG_0439.jpg
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	2374140 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0442.jpg
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	2374141

Comment

Simple salad of lettuce, cucumber and tomato today:

Name:	003.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	2374191

Lettuce Warpath, Lollo Rossa and Salad Bowl, Cucumber Mini Munch and tomatoes Shirley and Balconi red and yellow. The Balconi tomatoes are the first ones to ripen since I put the plants outside.

Comment

Today's lunchtime salad

Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	2374335

Lettuce Lollo Rossa and Warpath, baby spinach, cucumber Mini Munch, pak choi thinnings and tomatoes Balconi yellow and the very first ripe Sungold, which didn't survive more than about 2 seconds after this photo was taken!

Comment

Not a lot of difference from last week:

Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	2374447

Lettuce Warpath and Salad Bowl, baby spinach, cucumber mini munch, tomatoes Balconi yellow and Sungold, basil, baby pak choi.

Comment

Today's lunchtime salad

Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	2374576

Lettuce Lollo Rossa and Salad Bowl, mustard greens, beetroot, mini cucumbers, tomatoes Shirley and Sungold, baby pak choi.

Comment

Yesterday's lunchtime salad

Views:	2
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	2374735

Lettuce Warpath, Salad Bowl and Lollo Rossa, Pak Choi thinnings, a few late peas (Geisha). tomatoes Shirely, Balconi red and yellow and Sungold, beetroot Boltardy and a kale Redbor thinning mainly to see if I like the taste, as I haven't eaten it before - its nice at least at this size!

Comment

Yesterday's lunchtime salad, picked in a hurry as work was calling

Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	2374855

Lettuce Lollo Rossa, Warpath and Salad Bowl, cucumber Mini Munch, a windfall apple (James Grieve), mizuna and namenia leaves, tomatoes Sungold and Crimson Crush.
                    Last edited by Penellype; 05-09-2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Just made this salad of what I collected today (the cheese was from the shop) there's one tiny red pepper its a mini variety,had about four so far this isn't the smallest,the smallest one dissolved into thin air,no it didn't really. Also there's three purple haze carrots that look quite pretty grated,gold rush currant & hundreds & thousands tomatoes really sweet tasting,a red onion grown from sets stored in the shed,Gustav's salad & rocket leaves.

Name:	IMG_0593.jpg
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	2374869 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0597.jpg
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	2374870

Comment

Today's salad:

Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	2374964

Mini iceberg lettuce Warpath (chewed outside leaves removed - the heart was completely clean and slug free), beetroot Boltardy, cucumber Cucino, tomatoes Ferline and Sungold, mizuna and namenia leaves.

Comment

All from the garden except the cheese - Gustav's salad,rocket,spring onion,gold rush courgette,three black cherry tomatoes,one cream sausage & mountain princess tomato,peas & cucino cucumber.

Name:	IMG_0638.jpg
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	2374998 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0646.jpg
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	2374999

Comment

Today's salad:

Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	2375071

Namenia, red mizuna, lettuce Relic, tomatoes balconi red and yellow, Sungold and Garden Pearl, Cucumber Cucino and a windfall apple (James Grieve).

Comment

A very simple salad this week as I was pushed for time.

Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	2375189

Namenia, mizuna, Salad Bowl lettuce, my favourite tomatoes (Sungold and Ferline) and a Cucino cucumber from my friend's greenhouse.

Comment

Today's salad

Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2375283

Lettuce Warpath and Relic, Beetroot Boltardy and Bulls Blood (small), cucumber Mini Munch (from outdoors), pea shoots, tomatoes Sungold and Ferline.

The small beetroot was grown as cut and come again leaves, but after a while they got infested with leaf miner so I left it to see what would happen. The plants are far too close together to form big roots, but this little one was very nice.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X