Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realised with the low temp those tiny cucumber that are left on the plants aren't going to grow so I've took them out of the GH, then trimmed the toms of some of their leaves to let a bit more light in.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Finally, I have moved the last of the compost I had delivered last week.

Now to work up the motivation and energy to move the rest of the soil.

Four and a half hours later and the soil is now moved too.

Wednesday 8:00 am - corn salad, leaf celery, beetroot, yellow pear tomatoes, summer savory and winter thyme sown.
      Last edited by lolie; 31-10-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• More playing with the dehydrator. Dried chillies out, fresh ones back in.

Comment

• Managed to get the greenhouse frame up with out to much drama, the aim is to glaze it this weekend as all the glass needs a good wash.

Hope you all got everything you planned done

Comment

• Weeded and covered bed 1 & 6
            Potted on a pea plant that had germinated and a runner bean that was still trying to grow after being cut down ( see if I can over winter them )
            More playing with the shredder.
            A bit of tidying in the big tunnel.
            Weeded the leeks.

Comment

• Finally got around to taking my pea frame down, then cleared the sunflowers that shared the bed.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Finished mowing the lawn. I haven't whipper-snipped yet but that can wait until the weekend.

Really pleased with what I've gotten done over the last week even though between the heat and the lawn mower breaking down it took me longer than it should have.

Put the first lot of indeterminate tomatoes in a raised bed, so I now have Burnley Gem, Florida Basket and Sweetie in the ground.
                Last edited by lolie; 03-11-2017, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday I nipped to the plot in my lunch break (too dark to go on my way home now )
                  Chucked 80 daffodil bulbs in along the back boundary of the plot - they don't go very far do they? Will pick up some more cheapo ones from the supermarket to finish off the job.
                  He-Pep!

Comment

• Another day chopping down chillies. Emptying and refilling dehydrator with chillies.
                    Starting to sound like a broken record! Feels like I've been doing this for weeks!

Comment

• It's raining here today with heavier rain forecast for the next few days so not much will get done outside.

I just culled the non-performing plants from my windowsill salad experiment and sowed some new salad burnett and silverbeet in their place.

I can't bring myself to cull the spring onions just yet, but they're not performing any better inside than they do outside, so they'll be going outside if they don't pick up in the next week or two so I can use the windowsill space for something else.

Sowed a couple of pots of herb seeds so I can give them as Christmas presents.

Pulled out the watermelon I transplanted last weekend and direct sowed some seeds of a different variety in its place. I don't expect it to perform well in that location, but it's the one large space I have which can't really be used for anything I'd prefer to grow.

That's pretty much it for me for gardening for the day and it's only 10am.

Just cut back the bougainvillea which grows through my fence from next door. I really, really hate that job and I really, really hate that plant.
                      Last edited by lolie; 04-11-2017, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• What I did this week: got a new allotment

*does happy dance*

Far smaller than my old one, but I'm not sure I'll stay round here after my course finishes (which I did tell 'em), so I don't want an epic challenge. I want somewhere I can grow some veg and play with soil- outside of the Horticulture course I'm on, where we do play with soil and chemical testing kits sometimes- so small and beautiful is perfect!
                        My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

• We're in for a week of cool temperatures and overcast days here so I rearranged the pots on my windowsills.

The non-performers have been consigned to a back bedroom which is unheated and the heat lovers have been put in the kitchen and laundry where they'll get some warmth over the next week even if they don't get a lot of light.

Until more things are ready to go in the raised beds, there's no point in me sowing more seeds at the moment. There's not a lot to do garden-wise right now beyond caterpillar and snail patrols.

Comment

• Harvested my pumpkins. One is cricket ball sized, and looks like an insect may have burrowed through the skin. The other is about an inch bigger.
                            All 6 butternut squash plants have succumbed to frost, and between them have produced just one green fruit about an inch long... however, they have been good weed suppressant for the last few months!

Comment

• Cut down all the deadly nightshade that is growing in a large patch just need to dig the roots out now. Finally planted two rows of broad beans. Hopefully get onions and garlic in next week.
                              Bex

Comment

• Bit of weeding - started construction of a VC inspired guttering for strawberry planting and found some free pipework that I'll use to irrigate through the guttering. Quite pleased with it so far. A fellow a few plots down from me spent about £50 on his set up - mine has so far cost £0
                                sigpic
                                1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X