Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I moved some more compost and soil. I planted out a watermelon seedling which I don't expect to do much, but we'll see. I also put some tomato seedlings into bigger pots.

Comment

• Had the pumpkin competition at the site today.

5 out of 11 entrants turned up. Everyone was a winner. Except the person who came fifth as there were only 4 prizes.

I came third with 22.48 kg

Click image for larger version

Name:	pumpkins.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	2375496
      Last edited by Jay-ell; 28-10-2017, 12:35 PM.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Well done Jay-ell your pumpkin looks great in good condition!!

Comment

• Did Snadger take part?

Comment

• Late start today, however I had big intentions.

Started on the neglected strawberry bed - bejesus, how many strawberry plants do get from just 6 planted in June.

Potted a massive amount of runner plants, still got quite a few to go, b*gger all else done.
            .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
              Did Snadger take part?
              Erm, yes. He took part, showed willingness, etc, etc. I'm sure he'll do better next year (for some reason I have a feeling of dejavu)

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Today I got nothing done beyond watering.

It was too hot to move the rest of the soil and compost and my trip to get more garden supplies got put off until tomorrow. It's due to be very hot again tomorrow so the dirt will have to wait until Tuesday, but at least I'll have more pots tomorrow and should be able to plant some more seeds.

Comment

• 100 onion sets planted through weed suppressant. Couple of beds weeded.
                  Back hurts but I must resist a tincture at this early stage in proceedings. Still have to find the energy to cut the lawns.
                  sigpic
                  1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• completed digging one plot and like Kevin potted about 30 runners.

My back also aches Balders but I obviously have less will power than you

Comment

• Mrs B. kindly took me to the pub by the river (and even bought me a couple of pints - almost unheard of) - so the aching is gone for now though may return tomorrow morning...
                      sigpic
                      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Gave the lawn a light mow, followed by some manual weeding.

More finished tomato plants pulled up and gone in the bin, and canes and support rings back in storage for next year.

Removed some dead leaves from strawberry plants, runners also need potting up.

Comment

• Tied in my blackberries to the wires and generally tidied up the beds.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Went to the hardware store and spent way too much money on garden stuff.

Bought two strawberry plants and put them in a raised planter. Some seeds arrived today so I planted some Black Cherry tomatoes.

Clipped the cucumber plants to the trellis.
                            Last edited by lolie; 30-10-2017, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• Received delivery of a pickup load of manure from our local farm, barrowed it from the front drive to the back garden and swept the drive.
                              Kettle on and hot bath running

Comment

• Felled a few more chilli plants. Collecting all the chillies ripe or not. All the unrippend ones got halved and put in the dehydrator. It's very time consuming but the chilli powder is going to be great.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X