Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted out all the beans and 8 cauliflowers, 8 cabbages and another 12 sprouts. I also planted out the butternut, courgette, toms and outdoor cucumbers

Cut out and dug another long bed on plot 54 and will add the timber edging tomorrow.

Crackered now!
    Last edited by Greenleaves; 28-05-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Yesterday, made a flying visit to the plot to check on the cucumbers that I had planted in the glass shed. Gave them a drink and then planted out two more courgettes. All good there so came home, mowed the lawns, used the clippings to mulch the raised beds in the garden. Potted on a couple more tomatoes.

Back to the plot today for strimming and weeding! Possibly putting tomatoes in the glass shed too. It feels like summer.

Comment

• Yesterday had a good walk round the garden with my seceateurs in hand. Pruned, deadheaded, all of which I find therapeutic.
        A branch of my beautiful in flower azalea had died. That was me being heavy handed when I propped it up on small forked stick
        I also made notes of what other plants we need either this year or next. It's lovely seeing this border grow into something nice.
        Oh, and a heuchera? was dug up in front of said azalea and relocated in the front garden.
        Today, nothing yet.
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Turned the compost & weeded

Comment

• Planted 5 each of red cabbage, Brussels, caulies, calabreses, and another cabbage called Kilaton, I think.
            Education is important, but motorbikes is importanter.

Comment

• Planted about a dozen tomato plants, 8 cucumber plants, and some seeds for peas, beans, melons, yellow squash, butternut squash, and maybe something else I don't recall at the moment.

I planted these along the cattle panels I put up. I want to see how/if they will work well.

Taking a break at the moment. Will begin putting up the netting around the perimeter to keep chickens out of things.

Need to put netting around the blueberry bushes and raspberry canes too. That may have to wait a day or two.

Update: I actually got everything finished that I had planned for today. I didn't put netting around the berries but I hadn't planned to do that today. Would have been nice but I really thought I'd run out of time/steam well before then and I did. But I did get the netting around the perimeter of the garden today so that the hens couldn't peck apart the seedlings I planted this morning. Life is good!
              Last edited by DWSmith; 29-05-2017, 09:54 PM.
              Nutter's Club member.

Comment

• A productive afternoon. Strimmed all the grass etc around the plot and on the paths so they are now passable and whilst I would not say it's tidy, it is certainly tidier. Planted out 2 dozen leeks and another lot of beetroot sown in modules. Weeded! Planted three tomatoes - two Red Pear and one Romello into their final spot in the glass shed. Picked and ate my first strawberry

Comment

• Came back from a weekend away at a wedding and found that I had managed to get a Push Lawn Mower of Freecycle for the Allotment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-29 Push Lawn Mower.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	2372814

Well chuffed, it's virtually new and works like a dream
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Planted out my Scarlet Emperor runners just got them all in the ground then the rain came back.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday and today. Decided to expand the squash/courgettes area so second strip of bank cleared and covered in membrane. In total planted on top of bank;

6 burpees golden courgette
                      6 summer crookneck summer squash
                      7 queensland blue winter squash
                      4 spaghetti squash
                      6 uchiki kiri

Last two thanks to seed swopping on here

Also lifted cardboard which had been weed supressing and planted 4 oca which had been started in pots, & 17 dfb ferrari. Plus put support in and planted out snowcap beans.

Sowed more peas/mangetout /sugarsnap and more orach, plus more Huauzontle as having real trouble with it germinating this year....
                      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Just planted Serbian beans grown in loo rolls, all my beans are now in the ground

Edited to say I've planted my two spare courgettes and a Tom that won't fit in either the GH or kitchen window into the space at the end of my brassica bed.
                        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 30-05-2017, 03:16 PM.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I mentioned that yesterday I put netting around the perimeter of my garden to keep the chickens out. I went outside this morning and some of the chickens were near the netting with one of them looking (longingly?) through the netting at the garden. I did a better job of it this time so maybe it will keep all the chickens out. Last year one of the hens discovered a weak point and only she would get into the garden.
                          Nutter's Club member.

Comment

• Bagged up half a compost bin so I could re-fill with the privet cuttings a pal dropped off yesterday, layering it with soil and the last of the mulch I had from last year.

Comment

• Went with grand-daughter (3rd birthday in October) to water cucumbers and tomatoes in the glass-shed. We picked and ate two strawberries each and she said "I like your hotment Gaga!"

So, that's it now. It's the hotment.

Comment

• Spent four hours last Saturday weeding.... Went over Monday and spent at least another two hours weeding! Poxy weeds....

Got loads of stuff planted out, was fed up with my dining room looking like Kew Gardens and carrying stuff in and out of the house. Still got another load of toms to put in mfb, but need some more compost. Built a brassica cage, just need to plant the brassicas out. They are currently stuffed in another mfb, but they look great. Think Im in love with mfb's they are so useful!

Put in five pallet collars in as raised/edged beds along a path, these current contain a yellow and green cougette (one of each). Think i might build some supports and put the cucumbers and cucamelons in there too.

Dug up and relocated some self-seeded calendulas, at least I hope thats what they are, otherwise Ive replanted weeds.....

Popped over tonight to water, and picked a dozen strawberries, dont think Ive ever had any this early.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X