Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I dug up a bed of spiky Worcesterberry bushes They've been on borrowed time, waiting for the Soft Fruit Circle to close. I've sent some cuttings to Norfolk Grey and now, their time is up. There are still a few along the fence but the impenetrable forest has been hacked down. Such a relief!
    Have to think of summat to grow there that's chicken and dog proof and doesn't have thorns!

Comment

• Rhubarb / custard ?
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• iF THAT WAWS THE CASE i'D NEVER GET ANY TYPING DONE

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Netted over my onions in the raised bed, as it looked like a cat had made some plantings of it`s own,ugh!
          Watered the peas in the guttering, they are coming along nicely. Took up with me my Marmande toms to weather them off in the greenhouse before planting into buckets.
          Potatoes are still chitting, think i will plant them out next weekend, into bags though.

Looking forward to the return of Beechgrove on BBC2, need the early Sunday morning booster, Monty Donns trek around the world gardens is ok, but nowt on edibles really.
          I`d wish they`d put on something with a bit more on edibles only programmes as , now with this country only producing 50% of our needs, we need to encourage more home grown produce! Even a short film, say 15 mins , showing alot more than "this is the seeds, we plant them here" affair, callled, say " Dig This"
          There may be a lot like what I`m after in context on You Tube, but not everyone would look it up there, so national TV would give a better chance of coverage.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by cheapskate chaz; 12-03-2017, 11:30 PM.
          Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

• Planted out one of the two globe artichoke roots I bought from H*mebase yesterday - the other was already mush. I don't have high hopes for it, but I'd love to grow these, such beautiful plants. I put a milk bottle cloche over it to give it a chance.
            Sowed some parsnips in one of the raised beds - i've had the seeds chitting indoors for a while, and a few had sprouted, so in they went - under a cloche for now.
            Toms popped up overnight, so out of the prop and under the lights they went.
            He-Pep!

Comment

• Took delivery of 15 Bob Marleys & got them all planted, the roots were around 2 foot long:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170313_095916.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	2371501
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• BM, when I think of plants associated with Bob Marley that's not what springs to mind

Anyway, I'm sure every little thing gonna be alright
                Last edited by Jay-ell; 13-03-2017, 12:52 PM.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20170311_173304.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	2371507
                  Saturday Carol pricked out some early flower plants and a few brassicas while I made 3 raised strawberry planters from old pallets.

They are waist height and will save all that bending, plus we can plant celary or lettuce underneath for additional cropping.

Comment

• Before I went to work I managed to prune all my flower bed, lots of things coming up now, very happy
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

• After cutting the grass, I decided as it was dry and warmish I'd attack the roots in the ground from a huge fushia that I believe was around 40 years old. I reckon I'm half way to Australia and still haven't got them all out, they go for ever. Something to look forward tomorrow.....................not

Comment

• Those strawberry planters look fantastic ESBKevin. What a great idea.

I am done with the onions at last. 2 raised beds full and leftovers went into 2 containers. Hope I get a good crop. It's 2 months earlier than I planted them out last year

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090778.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	2371511
                        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Today I finally figured out how to get a new password for here so I'm here (Third attempt this year)

I cleared out the greenhouse (emphasis on "green" as there was a lot of suspiciously green things), wrestled with three bramble monsterlings and raked over the right-hand border with some leftover MPC.

Also roped up some kind of variegated leafy bush which was covered in ladybirds and trailing awfully across the lawn. (not sure what it is? It's got Hebe shaped leaves but I'm sure it isn't... Creamy yellow leaves with green stripes and that's all it does, except for occasionally put out a white dusting of flowers.)
                          Forgive me for my pages of text.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-03-13 Bed 6 Onions.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	2371516

Daughter came home and released me to play down on the allotment and I managed to get four trays of overwintering onions into Onion Bed 6 on Spencer Road.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Used a pallet and a staple gun to tame my flailing shed 'roof' (actually just some polythene packaging from a mattress) - really should replace the roof properly at some point!
                              Raked some re-shredded mushroom compost into this year's main brassica bed. I'll follow that with another layer as a mulch, and then a layer of leaves to top it off before i cage it ready for planting.
                              He-Pep!

Comment

• Due to various things going on I only 6 (Ta T&M as they came in your freebie offer) Charlottes. They have sprouted nicely and are now in 3 extra large buckets in my newly tidied up shed.

Very precious tatties these as I don't have a chance to get any more at the moment.
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X