No announcement yet.

The Seed Sowing Thread - 2017

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brassicas are growing, planted some brussels today as I need to get them boiling by the end of June I think the late Terry Wogan used to recommend lol(I miss his humour).

Comment

• Originally posted by Teabag View Post
      Seeing how everyone else has bunged 63 millions seeds in one larger pot is an eye opener!
      I've got 75 seeds (only seven seedlings so far) in a baby's bath acquired by Mr Snoop from the tip. Spaced out far enough not to need subsequent potting on, which I'm never any good at.

Comment

• Sowed leeks (loads of seeds in a large wide pot Teabag ) and rescued some incredibly leggy seedlings from the propagator I've been ignoring for a while. Fingers crossed they won't damp off. I am waaaay behind on my sowing plan. Plus, with this flower growing lark, all my space is taken up by them, rather than the veg! Grrr. Second half of the tomatoes are going in today: Cherokee Purple (beef), Cream Sausage (white-yellow icicle type), Kenilworth King George (salad), Orange Banana, Petit Moineau (currant – grown because it means little sparrow), Red Zebra (striped red salad), Speckled Roman (lg, red w gold stripe), Vesennij Mieurinsky (red cherry) If I can fit them in, I also want to grow Stripes of Yore (another fantastic Tom Wagner tomato) and Plum Tiger.
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Actually sowed some tomato seeds! Can't remember where I usually put them, so have put them in spare unheated bedroom, do they need to be warmer?
          DottyR

Comment

• They should be fine,most of mine germinate on the bathroom windowsill under a plastic lid,heatings rarely on. I've got about 40 tomato seedlings up there now at seed leaf stage
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jungle Jane; 24-03-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• I admit it I'm a cheat and bought some cabbage plants 2 weeks ago that have been living outside because I forgot to put them in the shed (Gordon the Greenhouse is in disarray and partially moved).

Whoop whoop they have survived so far and have been gently planted (OK shoved) into a raised bed with a bit of lime and an old net curtain.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Crosby's Egyptian and Burpee's Golden beetroot in modules. Never done this before with beetroot.

Comment

• Very tasty varieties Snoop! I especially love the Egyptian one.

Sowed my Blooms for Bees dahlia seeds (yesterday) - tonight I'm potting up my oca and seeing why 2 of my yacons are failing to hatch...
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Finally got around to sowing my toms they're all in the Heated prop along with some flowers and Basil.

Gardeners Delight
                    Shirley's
                    Black Cherry
                    San Marzano

Sunflowers
                    Nasturtiums
                    Basil
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday I sowed 6 Sungold tomatoes, today 15 broad beans 'The Sutton'.
                      He-Pep!

Comment

• Douce Provence peas (see my post on the thread on five-minute wonders: http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...minutes-3.html)

Comment

• Sowed more tomato seeds including tomato berry and black krim.

Hubby made me this simple shelf which sits across our bay window and gives me loads more room for putting seeds in the window. Makes use of wasted space behind the sofa. Very pleased with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090819.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	2371725
                          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Sown 2 varieties of carrot, watercress, 10 varieties of lettuce
                            Re sown Brussels sprouts Rubine red, 2 varieties of leek, 8 types of herbs including coriander and obviously by this evening my original coriander had started germinating

Comment

• Two types of courgettes, three types of winter squash and some more tomatillo seeds.
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Parsley, spinach, yellow chard.
                                He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X