The first sowing of 2017!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First sowings of 2017 - probably.

My first sowing will likely be my Chilli peppers & Sweet Peppers followed by my Banana Shallot which I have never grown before (any tips greatly received), I also have a pinch of left over red onion seeds from last year.

I also have 2 varieties of White onion seed which I am intending to grow purely for Pickling.

Bit of an experiment as whatever size they get to, they have to be harvested by 31st of May as the Sweetcorn & squash get planted in the same spot.

Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

just sown 4 of each of my chillis in my super 7 prop ,i keep having a look over every 5 mins to see if they have germinated yet ha ha ,cheers
      The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
        How many!!

Anyone else getting twitchy?
        Yeah. I'm getting really twitchy now. Need to try and last another month before I sow some leeks.

Comment

Great experience

Comment

First sowing was chilies - basque red & dedo De mocha, & cutting celery, on 4th Jan, all of which have started sprouting

Peppers and aubergine today, & possibly sweetpeas - need to try out my new root trainers
            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Nope.......nothing......nowt.......I have several dismantled raised beds waiting to be relocated when the rain stops, a 6x4 greenhouse in boxes in the shed, slabs stacked up waiting for the rain to stop and no available window ledges.

In the world of GYO I am a complete dufuss!
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

My first sowings of 2017 were winter gem lettuce and Provencale salad mix both on 1st January. The lettuce completely failed to germinate and I'm eating the first few of the Provencale mix as microgreens for lunch today
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Sown some Kiwi fruit from saved seed in December. Now on two leaves and time to repot...

Comment

Sowed my Chilli Peppers yesterday. I'm really cutting back on peppers this year. The problem I have is that even when I grow the same varieties, they seem to come out a different strength every year and it makes them difficult to use. So just two chillis (Jalapeno Traveler and Cayenne) and one basket sweet pepper.

Comment

Chillis and sweet peppers.

Comment

First sowings of 2017

Started 4 trays of onion seed on 8 & 9th January - 2 x Ailsa Craig and 2 x Sturon. Also some garlic Chives and spring onions in small modules.

Comment

Have only started onion seeds (Alisa Craig) yet. Chillis and Peppers coming soon, Celeriac in February. I learned through trial and error that it is often better to wait and not to sow too early. Plants become leggy and often later sown things do better. I also sometimes had the problem that early sown vegetables grew too well and I had to plant them in increasingly bigger pots before I could finally plant them outside. In my opinion a waste of compost and space.

Comment

Just started some caralina reeper chillies today and tomorrow will be sowing some sweet giant and sweet diamond peppers.
                            When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                              My first sowing will likely be my Chilli peppers & Sweet Peppers followed by my Banana Shallot which I have never grown before (any tips greatly received), I also have a pinch of left over red onion seeds from last year.

I also have 2 varieties of White onion seed which I am intending to grow purely for Pickling.

Bit of an experiment as whatever size they get to, they have to be harvested by 31st of May as the Sweetcorn & squash get planted in the same spot.

My Onion & shallot seeds have germinated.
                              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X