This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
    So here is my list as promised...Altogether I have way too many as usual with 87 plants and 38 varieties

What I am growing this year is:

Act Sivri
    Akhabar
    Anaheim
    Bangalore Whippets Tail
    Basque Chilli
    Black Naga
    Black Naga x Trinidad Scorp?
    Bulgarian Carrot
    Cayenne
    Chilaca
    Filius Blue
    Fish Chilli
    Fresno
    Gelbe Kirschen Early Yellow
    Guindilla
    Guntur Sannam Indian
    Habanero- Orange
    Habanero Red
    Habanero Giant White
    Hungarian Black Wax
    Jalapeno
    Jalapeno Orange
    Jalapeno Purple
    Lemon Drop
    Long Green Buddha
    Manzano Red
    Mucho Nacho
    Numex Big Jim
    Ohnivec
    Padron
    Palivec
    Royal Black
    Sante Fe
    Scotch Bonnet
    Serrano Tampiqueno
    Teja Indian (rare)
    Trepadeira Werner
    Tri Colour Variegata
    Ya Know, being off tomorrow and under a little less pressure to do what I have to do! never even considered using 1 inch pipe! Which you clearly have done! What a Div!!!!!!!!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Did you remember to take them out of the pack Jack?
      Booger, you supposed to ?

Yes i did lol, in the prop as well so i dont know. i have the second lot in now but its already been over the expected time, curry chillis didnt do anything either

Comment

• what is everyone feeding there chillis at the moment ?
        The Dude abides.

Comment

• Not fed mine with ought yet LB, but just back from the allotment and have brought back a tub of "Bio Grow" Black Gold, a seaweed feed, which after a much needed hot bath, I will start potting my babies on and give em a taste!
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Sorry! Should read TBL! Best get that bath!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
              what is everyone feeding their chillis at the moment ?
              Nothing (just water) until 6 weeks after potting up. Then Chilli Focus half strength until they start flowering or look too big for the pot, then Chilli Focus full strength. Most are currently on the half strength.

Comment

• I'm still getting the occasional chilli seedling popping up.
                This morning it was a Congo Yellow Trinidad

Comment

• Still only on water.
                  Looks like my jalapeño are budding first. Think it's about 15cm in height and still under grow lights????
                  Red cherry not so high and leaves seem to be discoloured burned look have pulled some off can't pull any more off as will have none left
                  3 Frjgitellos all at different heights and different areas of the house might repot them in the fortnight as want to try again with my HHW for the 3rd time as I am learning to have a bit patience with chillis/peppers.
                  Finally cayenne started later than the others is doing well

Comment

• I'm pleased to report that everything survived my holiday, although the babies in the Jiffy 7s were all wilting despite having (he says) been watered. The overwinters are going a bomb, it certainly seems true that chilli plants are more productive in their second year. Several of this year's plants are flowering now (I think being constricted in small-ish pots brings flowering on sooner) and the first to set pods is the Aji Omnicolor.

Comment

• Couple more seedlings up. Reached my target of around 30 varieties
                      Would like to have sown more, but some seeds will now have to wait until 2018.
                      Chillies are the most addictive thing to grow and too many is never enough

Akabare
                      Bahamian Goat
                      Barancio
                      Big Sun Habanero
                      Bishops Hat
                      Cayenne Large Red Thick (o/w from 2016)
                      Cheyenne F1
                      Congo Trinidad Yellow
                      Hungarian Black
                      Elysium Oxide F6
                      Elysium Oxide F7
                      Golden Cayenne (o/w from 2016)
                      Joe's Long Cayenne
                      Numex Sandia
                      Numex Twilight x Cayenne F2
                      Orange Habanero (o/w from 2016)
                      Orange Habanero
                      Palermo Pointed Red
                      Piccante Calabrese
                      Pot Black
                      Ring Of Fire
                      Santa Fe Grande
                      Scotch Bonnet MoA Yellow
                      Space HJ10 Afterglow
                      Sweet Banana
                      Thai Orange Large
                      TSM Medium Red
                      Turbo Alberto Cross (o/w from 2016)
                      Turbo Alberto Cross
                      7 Pot

Plus six seedlings that survived the feline related accident. Could be duplicates from the list above, or additional varieties that I didn't re-sow. It will be a mystery for some time which ones they are.

Comment

• I can't post a picture now, but I'll try and post one tomorrow. My (accidentally) overwintered chilli didn't grow so well last year and I assumed it had died.

It hasn't, and it now looks like a gnarled green stick with some leaves and some leaves. And surprisingly it also has started flowering, although those flowers have dropped off repeatedly despite being hand-polinated (it's a bit of an experiment 'how much can one plant takes before it dies?') so I assume it's not happy with the watering (the pot isn't very big though so that's why).

This post is quite useless without pictures, but if you inherited a stick with small leaves that didn't seem to be making any more growth outside of flowers would you cut it to promote branching growth?
                        Forgive me for my pages of text.

Comment

• these are old pics I cant download new ones so I am hoping these will vanish soon!!!

these pics are still there and wont delete
                          Last edited by jacks10; 05-04-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Can you upload pics to a photo hosting site and just link them to here? I use Photobucket although I have a lot of problems with it. It used to be really easy and reliable but then they added a whole load more functionality to it and it makes the basic thing of uploading and linking much more difficult. But it's possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by AkionTotocha View Post
                              I can't post a picture now, but I'll try and post one tomorrow. My (accidentally) overwintered chilli didn't grow so well last year and I assumed it had died.

It hasn't, and it now looks like a gnarled green stick with some leaves and some leaves. And surprisingly it also has started flowering, although those flowers have dropped off repeatedly despite being hand-polinated (it's a bit of an experiment 'how much can one plant takes before it dies?') so I assume it's not happy with the watering (the pot isn't very big though so that's why).

This post is quite useless without pictures, but if you inherited a stick with small leaves that didn't seem to be making any more growth outside of flowers would you cut it to promote branching growth?
                              How big is it? Repot with some new compost to give it a boost. What variety is it? Over wintered plants often look like sticks early summer. It should start to put on new growth, don't pollinate the flowers, take them off as soon as you see them to let the plant grow a bit bigger. You may well be in with a good chance of a fab crop later on in the year.
                              Try again with the photo...

Comment

• Potted some more of my chillies on tonight. Got a few left to do and then in a month or so its a matter of picking the best 15 out of about 30 as that's all I havev room for. I think I have 15 varieties so It'll be one of each.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X