Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Mitzi for the point about ebay - will be careful with that!

Scarlet, you're right about size being important - hadn't really thought about that before, but I ought to keep things small if I can. And it's just me to feed - anything over that is a bonus!

Comment

• They look fine to me too for the moment Mitzi..Leave as is for another while..

Rosemary: the Numex is easy to grow and looks very decorative as a plant but the chillies are small and fiddly when using I find...so just bear that in mind if only growing one variety..

I sowed some more seeds last night:
      In went 12 Green Jalapeno, and some Fuego Ibrido (2), Palivec (3), Purple Jalapeno (2) and Sante Fe Grande (2). All sown in the Lighted Propagator...
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

• Just to clarify, it's not the seedlings I'm wondering about repotting; they will be in those SWPs for ages yet. It's my overwintered plants. They have been fairly dormant but are now starting to put on some growth, so I'm wondering whether to repot now or leave them for another couple of months. They are on the windowsill and not under grow lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
          Just to clarify, it's not the seedlings I'm wondering about repotting; they will be in those SWPs for ages yet. It's my overwintered plants. They have been fairly dormant but are now starting to put on some growth, so I'm wondering whether to repot now or leave them for another couple of months. They are on the windowsill and not under grow lights.
          Have you pics of them please?
          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
          sigpic

Comment

• I have new life on the overwinterers!

Both Trepadeira Werners and Fish are putting out new leaves.

I wouldn't repot them Mitzi, not till they have more growth on them.
            Attached Files
            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• I posted last week about my overwintering plants that I have inside the house in which i said I had "3 Purple Jalapeños with lots of leaves on them, 2 Orange Habanero, a Red Manzano (some fruit still on!!), a Lemon Drop and a Hot Scotch"

So, at the weekend I checked on the numerous chilli plants left sitting in the greenhouses and, as expected, most were at varous stages of expiration😃

However, still alive and therefore deemed worth making an effort for are the following:
              Hotscotch
              Red Habanero
              Red Manzano
              Lemon drop
              Pasilla Bajio
              Chilaca
              I cut them all back to varying degrees and took all leaves off them. These are all inside a mini blow-away in the greenhouse and I have put bubble wrap on the floor so they are all sitting on that.Weather is forecast to be colder later this week so let's see how they get on😏

Inside my garage (upstairs) there are a few clinging to life too, Again, I cut them all back and gave them some water. I wrapped the pots with clingfilm too..In the garage we have:
              Semaroh (by 2)
              Mila's Bulgarian
              Antohi Romanian
              Anaheim
              Calfornian Wonder

More as an experiment than anything, that is all I am doing to protect them and we shall see who makes it and who doesn't.....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• I have a few holding out as well. Jalapino, Cayanne, and 2 other mini peppers.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                  ok we have

lemon drop - Scarlet
                  Purple jalapeño- Small pumpkin.
                  Sorry ladies it is the Fish chilli ,both of them at the same time.
                  5 days not bad,.

And Cajamarea looks like its going to be next

Comment

• Come the start of February, I'll be starting my chillies off. I have 14 varieties to start but i have a garland super 7 propagator. So basically i have 7 pots available to sit on top of the heat. Is it worth trying to squeeze all 14 in the 7 pots (two types per pot) to get them started or should i just start 7 off first and then start the other 7 off as and when the others germinate and space becomes available?

Once any of them have germinated I'll be pricking them out and putting them into a separate pot to grow on off the heat.

A little help as this is the first time i have really tried a grow chillies.

Comment

• Scoot
                      i don't know if this is any help ,but this is how i start seeds in my propagator

as soon as their leaves open they are out and under lights.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I don't know what the super7 are like but if I couldn't put small trays in with single modules perhaps try to section your tray in half with a piece of plastic? How many seeds per variety are you going to sow? I hate tons of seeds in a pot...I like to sow single seeds per small module like this:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Strewth Scarlet have you sown all those now?
                          or was it just an example ?
                          Last edited by jackarmy; 10-01-2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• jack that was some of last years toms...

Comment

• Lol, thats alright then

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I don't know what the super7 are like but if I couldn't put small trays in with single modules perhaps try to section your tray in half with a piece of plastic? How many seeds per variety are you going to sow? I hate tons of seeds in a pot...I like to sow single seeds per small module like this:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]71015[/ATTACH]
                                When I want to do it like that as in split the transfer, I use a lollipop stick broken to size to divide the different types.

If you have room for 2 types in the tray then go for it Scoot I'd say...

...utterly nutterly
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X