Do You Store Your Root Veg?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
    Parsnips as with Sprouts and puppies are for all year not just for Christmas
    Oh I don't onlybeat them at Christmas but I don't start much before as there are so many other things and they benefit from experiencing a bit of winter.

Agree with the comment above re freezing carrots, they're OK afterwards but definitely not as nice and crunchy and the taste is different.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      If you haven't got a storage clamp or root cellar you could do the same as I do with leeks, lift them then heel them in in a clump after digging a hole on a spare bit of ground. They keep growing, stay fresh and the root pruning gives you a longer season!
      Thanks for reminding me of that Snadger, I have a number of leeks in the garden that I need to move as I want to prepare the ground for next year, and I don't have room in the freezer for them, they will now be moved into the flower garden for storage
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X