Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Perennialization Affect Crop Rotation?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^me too

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      Can a blind man tell the difference.
      Didn't realise you were blind Big Fella!. I reckon I could tell the difference. I like a 75% / 25% mix of white and green!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
        OK, it could translate as Mucilaginous Onion or Juicy Onion but I like my first translation better.
        They are shaped abit like a dew drop aren't they!
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

If you take a look at this picture

They look a bit like leek snot onions

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

My translator comes up with "Bow-Slizunov"
            Last edited by Bigmallly; 19-10-2016, 03:20 PM.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I guess that they are homographs. And the translator cant work out the context.

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Grow onions, Slizunov
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

If you go onto google translate and select English to Russian then type onion in the English box the translation is лук. Now click on the two arrows between the text boxes to swap the languages around - suddenly лук becomes bow. At the bottom of the page are the various meanings of лук

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                    I guess that they are homographs. And the translator cant work out the context.
                    So, you are saying they are homophobic and not transgender?

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Homograph - they лук at pictures (possibly of onions tied up with bows)

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

My thought is to lift the Leeks as and when needed, cut off the bottom few inch & replant them somewhere else on the plot.

you can do that, but I failed to plant them back everytime. and if you are replanting,location is logically moved. it can not give you the benifits of perenial system (loosing established root system)

I prefer to cut at the base, removing the soil around is a hassel so blanching has to be carried out with something else.

advantages, as we do not need to plant as many leeks as there is a chance of second crop/baby leeks. so less space and maintanace.since it can have extended root system and drought tolerent, I can plant them patches away from water source?
                        Last edited by Elfeda; 19-10-2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

My translator comes up with "Bow-Slizunov"
                          My ORD gives me

Лук (1) onions,
                          Лук (2) bow

слиз|ь, и mucus; mucilage, slime

unfortunately snot translates as сопли (Sopli)

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X