It's on! What are you getting?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Mr & Mrs Cadders!

I am now all stocked up with green manure for a big sowing session next month. Am really looking forward to it. AND I have nearly everything I could think of for my new cut flower bed which is being installed next year. £12 instead of £80.
    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Not worth it.

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
      Get your seed lists out, the Wyevale 50p sale has arrived!

Am off to my local one tomorrow morning for a proper rummage. I hope the packets are still on the rack rather than in a lump on the tables...
      Went to my local massive Wyevale today for something else, but wanted a peep at the seeds.

Have to say how miffed I was, could not find any seeds anywhere, ended up asking a shop assistant, and was directed to a bucket of seed packets by the tills.

Mostly wild flower seeds for sale.

However racks and racks of Christmas Cards in evidence everywhere.

I left seedless with the hump.
      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Congrats Mr & Mrs Cadders!

I am now all stocked up with green manure for a big sowing session next month. Am really looking forward to it. AND I have nearly everything I could think of for my new cut flower bed which is being installed next year. £12 instead of £80.
        Thanks Sparrow

So a swift (First visit) as it's my wedding anniversary and I have come away with

3 Packs of Thompson & Morgan Grazing Rye Green Manure
        2 Packs of Thompson & Morgan Mixture Green Manure
        2 Packs of all season Brussels Sprouts (Bright, Brodie & Braemar all F1)
        1 pack Waltham Butternut Squash 8 seeds
        1 Pack 6m Seed Tape carrots Early Nantes 5
        1 Pack 6m Seed Tape Little Gen Lettice

And then as if I don't have enough tomatoes, but these are mainly F1's that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Alisa Craig
        Cherry Cascade
        Cherry Falls
        Ferline F1
        Matinia
        Sungold F1
        Sweet Million F1
        Tomatoberry Garden F1
        Tumbling Tom Red

I'm sure I will find more on my second visit to another branch
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

How come you go to the garden centre and have to make it through the kids toys, jewellery, clothing , etc to find the gardening stuff in the corner.

Got crimson clover, buckwheat and mixed green manure; quinoa, parsnips, aubergine, leek seed tape, salad leaf seed tape, cardoon, yugoslavian parsnip, amaranthus, chicory and lentils.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Congrats from I too "Cadder's"

But your mere novice!

Been with my OH 33yrs and I'm only 52, "Childhood Sweethearts"

But you wouldn't think so at times! ....................
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
              Went to my local massive Wyevale today for something else, but wanted a peep at the seeds.

Have to say how miffed I was, could not find any seeds anywhere, ended up asking a shop assistant, and was directed to a bucket of seed packets by the tills.

Mostly wild flower seeds for sale.

However racks and racks of Christmas Cards in evidence everywhere.

I left seedless with the hump.
              I went to two and the difference couldn't be more marked. Syon Park had their seeds virtually on the floor in a huge heap. You'd have to sit on the floor to look through them. Staff were rude and the discount had to be added in manually at the tills - after first loudly disputing that they were 50p, which is pretty embarrassing in a busy garden centre. Had to be shown their own signs.

The one in Walton on Thames had their seeds all neatly on the racks, lovely friendly staff even though they were really busy and knew how to sort the discount out.

Guess where I won't be going in future...?

Comment

I am not going! I am not going! I am absolutely not going! I don't need anymore seed's!

But then again! What else may they have on offer!
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Well, it was raining this morning and I remembered I had some vouchers for the Wyevale Gardening Club, so I decided to brave the traffic, which actually wasn't bad today. However, I couldn't find any seeds that appealed that I hadn't already got. They were all still in their racks in our branch. I did come home with a couple of fuchsias and a heuchera plant in an attempt to brighten up my path, so at least it wasn't a wasted journey.
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                    Congrats from I too "Cadder's"

But your mere novice!

Been with my OH 33yrs and I'm only 52, "Childhood Sweethearts"

But you wouldn't think so at times! ....................
                    Thanks Deano and well done on the 33 years mate, been with my little Triffid (she can take a mans head off at 10 paces with one blow of the tongue) for 28 years, asked her to marry me, and got to the point where I had given up on getting married then suddenly she decided the correct answer was indeed YES and it was all arranged and done and dusted in about 8 weeks.

Technically I never did asked her to marry me, my Tandy CoCo was programmed to ask, and those were the early days of artificial speech. Her initial reaction was "Did that thing just say what I think it said"?
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      I said I wasn't going to..............'cos I had enough seeds However, I think I saw Serpent of Sicily seeds which, apparently, are cucuzzi and I'm out of them now!

Any excuse, eh?
                      I weakened
                      The GC was really quiet, the seeds were on racks and I was the only one looking at them. I bought two packets of Cucuzzi seeds and a "couple" more packets
                      Did anyone spot the boxes of RSPB seeds for Birds and for Bees. RRP £6.95 now 50p.
                      Spigariello,
                      Pastinaca dugi Bijeli (which turns out to be a Yugoslavian parsnip)
                      Gigantomo tomato
                      White step cauli (as grown by Potty)
                      Climbing courgettes - Black Forest & Shooting Star.
                      Lots of Jekka herbs,
                      Beans
                      Various seed tapes..................etc etc

As I said, just a couple of packets

Comment

I bought just twelve.....
                        French marigolds....leeks.....parsnips.....red pear tomato(Eden project beef jobs) tromboncino....some mixed winter salad leaves ...some mixed cauliflower and I can't remember what else........aaaand then I peep on here and see you lot have been buying carrot and lettuce seed tapes and I think why did I not do that ....so today....seeing as I'm off work.....I'm going for another look......oh....and they were all still on racks in some sort of order when I went.....hope they still are or I'll come away empty handed

Comment

I might just be going back for more green manure - I plan on undersowing all my tall crops with it next year as a double whammy. Plus a clover experiment with the saffron beds while they are dormant May-August.

Comment

I might just be going back for more green manure - I plan on undersowing all my tall crops with it next year as a double whammy. Plus a clover experiment with the saffron beds while they are dormant May-August.
                            I'm going to pick up some more green manure when I go to look for sweetcorn and a few other seeds I would like to stock up on in another branch.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

IIRC they had a 3 pack of sweetcorn as well as singles.

Comment

I stocked up yesterday mainly with Green manure, RSPB packs for pollinators and birds, and some lovely veg packs (bargain pack with three varieties of Mange Tout). I get married in Oct 17 and want to grow my own white pumpkins, so I picked up a pack of 'Snowman' pumpkin seeds too

My seed box is now a large tool box full of packets of potential

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X