Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instant gratification.........in the fruit & veg dept!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for peas, we get about half a plateful in he kitchen each year, and a big pile of pods where the kids have been helping themselves (not bad now that they're teenagers!)

Comment

Picked my first lot of parsnips and at around a foot long I'm well chuffed
      When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
        Picked my first lot of parsnips and at around a foot long I'm well chuffed
        You munch on raw Parsnips Jonny?......................
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Peas if I get the chance, have to be quick though they are SWMBO's favourite. Today it was Sungold tomatoes............quite a few Sungold tomatoes........
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I've gone right off cooked peas now...really only eat them fresh on the plot.
            Fruit, nasturtiums...all the usual.

Blackberries though, are the absolute best for me and they're starting to come ready just about now!

And I've noticed that a handful of berries, the odd leaf and flower...can make me feel pretty full. If I could just live on my plot I'd have a figure like Kate Moss
            http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I'm rather put off things straight out of the garden when I see next door's cat spraying. Peas are safe and I eat loads of them straight from the pod. I grow strawberries on shelves and I will eat those, and blueberries from the fruit cage are ok but everything else goes under the tap here.
              Last edited by Penellype; 16-08-2016, 09:13 PM.
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                You munch on raw Parsnips Jonny?......................
                Yeah mixed with horse radish on my salad
                When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Ate my first sweet-potato leaf today!

edit: I forgot that my latest nibble is radish seed pods. Grown for the first time this year because I let some radishes go a bit over and remembered reading on here that people eat them. Not sure who to thank exactly but this is a great nibblers titbit. Plus the flowers are lovely and loved by bees, hoverflies and (cabbage white!!) butterflies.
                  Last edited by ConfusedRhubarb; 18-08-2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X