• Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ing_88223.html

Nailed it

Thanks VC

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Ms T, I'm hoping to save seeds for our chilli circle from my Hungarian blacks but they are on a go slow (NG if you are reading this, my plants are tiny!) The chillies are black to start and ripen to red.
      I can try for some as a back-up if you like? Mine are flowering now and have a couple of chillies on.
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
        I can try for some as a back-up if you like? Mine are flowering now and have a couple of chillies on.
        Yes please!! Mine aren't anywhere near flowering, I'll try something else.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
          Hopefully my probation period will have ended in three month's time so I can join the seed circle, If there is a problem I would have a back - up supply if needed, mine are doing very well ,there are about 25 set fruits as of yesterday and most are of a good size. They are all isolated to prevent cross polonation.

Comment

Post your interest and I'll add your name to the list http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...6-a_88250.html we have a few seed circles on the go. You'll easily notch up a few more posts by Autumn.
            Last edited by Scarlet; 25-06-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

And photos ,post photos we love lots of photos..

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                And photos ,post photos we love lots of photos..
                I will post some photos of my plants and the weeds when I get the camera sorted

Comment

Originally posted by Markyw View Post
                  This year I am growing Hungarian black wax....All lovely and black, the question is when can I pick them ? I was reading that they mature to a red colour is this correct or do you pick them when black.

Many thanks

Mark
                  Last year I picked most of them purple and they had a mild taste that went well with cheese or in an omelette. I left some of the best pods on the plant to fully ripen for seed saving, and they took a long time before eventually going red.

Hungarian Black aka Black Hungarian, but I don't think they're a black Hungarian Wax?

They are very attractive plants, with the purple/green leaves and purple flowers
                  Here's mine from this year:

Attached Files

Comment

I got mine from a seed-saving swap, but they originally came from here
                    Black Hungarian Wax Pepper

Comment

Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
                      Last year I picked most of them purple and they had a mild taste that went well with cheese or in an omelette. I left some of the best pods on the plant to fully ripen for seed saving, and they took a long time before eventually going red.

Hungarian Black aka Black Hungarian, but I don't think they're a black Hungarian Wax?

They are very attractive plants, with the purple/green leaves and purple flowers
                      Here's mine from this year:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65852[/ATTACH]
                      Hi Chris yes they are a good looking plant, and the leaf colour got me at the beginning I was thinking they could have had a virus or a mineral deficiency until I checked it out.

I will be saving a good few for seed so I will be leaving them on the plant.

Thanks for the reply

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                        I got mine from a seed-saving swap, but they originally came from here
                        Black Hungarian Wax Pepper
                        Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
                          Hmm, this data base suggests they aren't the same.....personally I think the "wax" bit is often dropped.
                          http://www.thechileman.org/results.p...=Any&genus=Any
                          Last edited by Scarlet; 25-06-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X