No announcement yet.

Jeanette carrots no roots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done better than me Marb, I sowed a full packet, got nothing, sowed another packet, total something like 4000 seeds, and got about 10 to germinate.... All got dug over and replaced with winter squashes. Yours look fine for eating......

Comment

I agree with Nicos, the soil is too rich. You might use spent MPC mixed with some native soil in a morrisons flower pot and just water them. Put them in now and keep them in the corner of a greenhouse if you want small fresh little carrots around chrimbo and just after. Which reminds me I need to plant some more!

Comment

Originally posted by ESBkevin View Post
        I agree with Nicos, the soil is too rich. You might use spent MPC mixed with some native soil in a morrisons flower pot and just water them. Put them in now and keep them in the corner of a greenhouse if you want small fresh little carrots around chrimbo and just after. Which reminds me I need to plant some more!
        -----thanks for the reminder - must get sowing tomorrow ....

I think those carrots of Marb's looked good enough to eat to me .....!!! So what if they don't look like the 'uniform' carrot shape??? Far better eating your own produce than anything you buy .........
        The flavour is sublime......!
        ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
        a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X