Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Courgettes, Squashes and Cucumbers have you grown & picked :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 more courgettes - 5 + 12 = 17

A plateload of Greek-ish courgette fritters for dindins coming up

Comment

Is it worth harvesting the first Courgette earlier than you would the rest or not?

Comment

Well just finished replanting my courgette seedlings in my planters. It might be a bit late but it is worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
          Is it worth harvesting the first Courgette earlier than you would the rest or not?
          I pick them at a usable size when there's another smaller courgette on the plant, so that all the growing power can go into that one. If there's only one, I leave it to get bigger.

Clear as mud??

Comment

as we were visiting family when seeds would have been sown I bought a couple of cucumber plants, one has given 4 cucs so far but the other is still just showing flowers, and they are sitting side by side, who's to know why?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I pick them at a usable size when there's another smaller courgette on the plant, so that all the growing power can go into that one. If there's only one, I leave it to get bigger.

Clear as mud??
              I see what you're getting at. I have a second one which is just forming now, the flower is still hinging on it though. I'll harvest the first one tomorrow. thanks.

Comment

3 Lady Godiva squashes are taking off now, have crossed a garden path and heading for the potato patch.
                About 10 Butternut squash are rather less prolific but starting to move.
                Some melons flowering well in a polytunnel but nothing swelling yet.
                6 courgette plants, not pampered in any way, (2 would probably suffice otherwise) but had about 1 dozen small courgettes so far. Had 2 small cucumber off plant in poly.

Comment

Now up to 12 cucumbers
                  6 courgettes

Comment

Picked my first Courgette today.

It's in the fridge cut up and ready to go in my chinese chicken tomorrow with peppers, onions etc...

Comment

How could I have missed this beauty.....????

And another two nestled underneath the neighbouring plant:
                      Attached Files
                      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Oh ......... ............. still not a single flower in sight on my 3 cucumber plants ..............................
                        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Still none ,...... but can see mum sending me her supply the amount she has cropping
                          Northern England.

Comment

I think cucumbers seem to be a temperamental bunch.......

My pumpkins are literally taking over the bed they're growing in, making their way across to next door bed, and also trailing across now to say hi to the runner beans.......!!! There's been plenty of flowers, and one tiny fruit the size of a quail egg which promptly rotted and fell off ....

Tromboncino have got some smallish fruit on that I spied under the foliage!

My one and only butternut squash has got lots of foliage going on and not much else ....
                            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Up to 6 courgettes now with lots more growing - just need some sun to go with the rain! Cucs in greenhouse still climbing, outside one still sulking. Spaghetti squash growing well & turks turban making a bid for freedom across the path - may get OH to build a very sturdy frame & coax them upwards next year.....
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Two more cucs Marketmore yesterday, that brings it to 4.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X