Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Courgettes, Squashes and Cucumbers have you grown & picked :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One tiny courgette on Sunday - I only picked it to spur on some more, and it worked, there are two new ones already bigger than the one I picked!
    He-Pep!

Comment

• I planted 6 Burpless Cucumbers on plots 23B I have not been down the allotment for 10 days and to my surprise the cucumbers had gone absolutely mad but had failed to climb the frame and were making their way towards the butternut squash on the path, so I had to untangle them and assist them in climbing the frame.

On closer inspection I have a cucumber that is growing through the mesh. Doh! if I had seen that I could have prevented it, on the plus side there are a few reasonable cucumbers on their way which should be ready to harvest shortly.

I love the large and small one side by side the photo.
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Slightly lost track but think it's 23 courgettes now
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Picked my first two courgettes today!

No idea why they're so late this year and I've still not got a cucumber anywhere near ready but I'm finally off the starting block
          http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• now on 27 courgettes

Comment

• The biggest courgette (my first) one growing has been nibbled on the end
              Northern England.

Comment

• Lost count ......BUT - take a look at this monster that I've come home to after a week away.........

(I'm also trying to get my photos to show larger, hence the 'messed about' with black & white one....... don't think it's worked ....sigh......)

Anyway, how do I cook this beauty - recipes please!!!! (Is it still a courgette? Or is it now classed as a marrow........?????)
                Attached Files
                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• How big is it Susie - size matters I think with these things I read somewhere that they are classed as marrows if they are over about 10 inches long?

If the skin is still soft and you can easily poke your fingernail into it then you cut harvest and then slice up and fry or roast it. If the skin is very tough then you could slice lengthways, scoop out seeds and stuff. I like my marrows done very simply with vegetarian fillings like cheese and tomato but there are lots of recipes online for stuffing these monsters
                  LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Thanks Marie - Tis indeed a marrow then .........!

It feels quite tough, I think (it's still attached to the plant at mo..!) so I'll probably be scooping and filling!
                    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Unless you want it to grow huge-er, cut it off asap as it will stop the plant from producing more.

Comment

• 27 courgettes now. Cucumbers about 2 inches long now - I'd better get loads for the size of plants! Squashes romping away & climbing anything they can find with lots of baby fruit.
                        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Oh, now on 32

Comment

• 3 zucchini
                            1 Tondo di Piacenza
                            2 romanesco
                            5 black forest
                            1 coucuzella
                            3 patipan polo

That's 15 today for a total of 24 summer squash at the moment

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Out picking Swiss chard I spotted 3 more courgettes lurking that I missed yesterday, including one pleasingly curvy one. So that's 30.
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

(I made it look a bigger number )

Still no cucumbers yet
                                http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X