No announcement yet.

Courgettes ready to go out?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In terms of home made sprays - I've never tried this, but some say that a garlic clove or two soaking in a spray bottle works wonders for certain bugs, although I'm not sure if it works for aphids, and yes, the green bugs you talk about are most likely aphids.

Is a 40 liter pot big enough for squashes and courgettes? I'd say that if nothing else is available, it'll do! Just feed and water copiously

If ALL of your squashes of the same type are silvery mottled on the top of the leaves, that's likely to be how the leaves should look. Some courgettes and squashes develop patterns on the leaves as they grow larger. If the plant is producing and looks happy, it's likely to be normal patterns rather than a disease

I think you got very lucky with the courgette in a hanging basket!! LOL
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

oh that's great!! I really hope it's just their natural hue lol

Think i'll look into that garlic idea thanks again
      ''I've left all my belongings on the side of the road and i'm hoping my mind can be free.'' --- Hanami - Bolesworth Blues

http://www.hanamimusic.co.uk/

Comment

Courgettes etc like a lot of water to drink. You could really slash the bottoms of your grow bags so that the roots can grow through. In this way you will keep the growing point above the water but still give it lots of root space. If you think you plant is struggling to grow decent sized fruit, pinch one or two off so it can put its energy into the ones that are left. People regularly do this for butternut squashes so that the ones they do get are a decent size.

It's always worth posting some pictures for us to look at when it comes to bugs and diseases.
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X