No announcement yet.

Silly Tomato Poll Part 2.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes from me on this one. Seeds are designed to withstand cold so I would think there will be much less of a problem here than with the tinned tomatoes. Freezing preserves food by slowing down the action of things like bacteria and fungi to a crawl. Cooking (or heating to a high temperature before canning) kills things.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I've voted yes even though I'm a little worried that -18C may be a tad too cold for the poor little things
      Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

I'm going for a no, but am hoping a lot to be proved very wrong.

I thought 'wet' seed would possibly burst its cell walls - hence the 'dry them properly before you freeze them' mantra that I have learned from somewhere.

I do like this game.
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

If a tommy seed can pass through the human digestive system then spend who knows how long in a great vat of (use imagination), and still germinate, then they will survive that easily.
          Last edited by brownfingers; 07-04-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooop
            When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Yes i think nothing will stop them,except cooked,maybe??

Comment

Last chance to vote.............
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Only in Pulp Fiction.

Comment

A round of applause goes out to 9 members who got this one right but because I am soft, I'm giving them a 7 day stay of execution...............

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X