Munty Frame Challenge!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munty Frame Challenge!

As I know you guys are always up for a challenge, so here's one for you. As you may know I've been in the process of making a Munty Structure out of greenhouse frames, well it's complete...............Da da...............

Reet...........Now for the challenge cos my head's frazzelled. There are 20 usable uprights so I'm looking for 10 individual plants that I can pair up & grow up & over it. So far I'm thinking:
    2 Climbing Courgettes opposite each other, then 2 Runner Beans Opposite each other, then 2 Outdoor Cordon Toms opposite each other............you get the jist but I've drawn a blank so need your help.

As always, thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 04-03-2016, 04:39 PM.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Surely if you run poly twine from the roof bar and loop them over the side bar/tie canes to the side bar you can get a lot more in there? Particularly climbing beans. It looks FAB by the way. Very envious of your double munty.

Climbing winter squashes - black futsu/munchkin/thelma sanders/winter dumpling? (see VSP...)
    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Also achocha & kiwano though these will travel off their uprights in their *grass is always greener* quest.

Comment

Thanks Sparrow, fortunately space is not an issue. It's just a bit of fun for me to try but would love 10 different things.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Please post lots of piccies!

Comment

How about melons, mangetout, round podded peas,, French beans, runner beans, little squashes, dragon's egg cucumbers, and my favourite - Tromboncino

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
              Please post lots of piccies!
              It's part of my monthly Calendar so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

That's brilliant BM. Love it.
                How about Nasturtium. Bing in the pollinators and good in your salad.

Comment

Just found this. Any of these give you any inspiration

http://www.bcliving.ca/garden/20-climbing-edibles
                  Last edited by veggiechicken; 04-03-2016, 05:23 PM. Reason: Fixing link

Comment

Was going to say albenga,but got beaten to it,sweet pea's,clematice,yellow and purple french climbers,out door cues,if any space left,borlotta beans,the flowers will attract the pollinators,the cues and beans easier to pic,any beans left to dry for storing would be ok out some of the elements to,hopefully,plus you couls always put some net up at the ends to help protect,how about some hanging baskets from the centre apex,of things like,strawberry,salad stuff,sweet dumpling are also a nice climber/tie it on.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I'm very,very envious BM!

Comment

I'm with VC - Tromboncino!!

Comment

You could grow grape vines & we could all sit underneath drinking the wine?

Comment

BM! I really wish I had the time to think through n knock up said structure! That is one "Awsome" piece of kit to have at your disposal! Envy? Me? Not in the least! ........:

"Proper Smart" My hat off to you Sire!
                            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Looks brill, can't wait to see it planted up

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X