Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilli fruits.... alma purple jalapeņo I've forgotten and mustafa
    Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice ladyslip. All looking far more advanced than mine.
      Are the lumpy pots air pots? And is that a chilli grow I see ( or similar) ?
      We Ordered a chilli grow last week.

Comment

• And how big is your Polytunnel? It looks massive!!!!!! I think I could fit my whole garden in there!

Comment

• Here's my Inferno this morning. Happy to see some fruit on this as 6 weeks ago I thought my plants were goners.

Attached Files
          Last edited by bario1; 25-07-2016, 09:16 AM. Reason: Adding pic!
          He-Pep!

Comment

• Sp yes they are airpots....trying for first time....and the others are quadgrows. ....same principal as chilli grows just 4 pots larger capacity and larger reservoir
            I'm using autopots too but they have tomatoes in this year....
            The poly is 40 x 20......I have a kite too 😀

Comment

• Originally posted by Ladyslip View Post
              Sp yes they are airpots....trying for first time....and the others are quadgrows. ....same principal as chilli grows just 4 pots larger capacity and larger reservoir
              I'm using autopots too but they have tomatoes in this year....
              The poly is 40 x 20......I have a kite too ��
              40 x 20!

Show off ;P im very jealous would love a good size poly, ive a pretend one 3m x 6m. just isnt enough room lol.

Comment

• im very jealous too and what's a kite?

Comment

• Originally posted by rob_talisman View Post
                  40 x 20!

Show off ;P im very jealous would love a good size poly, ive a pretend one 3m x 6m. just isnt enough room lol.

Get outta here!! Is it not you growing a hundred and eleventy twelve chillies?......

Kite. =.....flyaway poly......tho I'm kinda hoping that the bh will manage to anchor it for the winter and properly cover it for next season 😀

Comment

• What do you think of the air pots ladyslip? I've never tried them. I don't really get how they work! ( never been very bright, me ).

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      What do you think of the air pots ladyslip? I've never tried them. I don't really get how they work! ( never been very bright, me ).

morning SP ...this is my first year using them.....and again I was late planting them up with only very small chilli plants....supers mainly so may not see much of a fruitful harvest tho looking at them they have put on some terrific growth with healthy foliage and the start of flower buds.
                      They work by encouraging more root growth from the main root....which as it reaches the bottom of the pot stunts...dehydrates at the tip encouraging masses of more fibrous root growth......the medium has more air which in turn allows better take up of nutrients and moisture etc.
                      Thus far I like them in principal.....my only thing is....chillies don't like their feet wet and ideally these should be watered using a dripper system as they should never be allowed to try out.....I'm having to hand water at the minute as whilst I have said dripper system (tried loads of stuff over last couple of years) it's not set up.....hope this helps and will post results good or bad am going to try more tho next year....mainly cos I'm an compulsive loony but seen pics of terrific crops with toms...salads and biiiig onions

Comment

• Originally posted by Ladyslip View Post
                        Get outta here!! Is it not you growing a hundred and eleventy twelve chillies?......
                        ��
                        yes but next to all in the PT are stunted compared to those in the conservatory and GH's... which I don't get I thought they would thrive better in there...

Comment

• Originally posted by small pumpkin View Post
                          pleased it's not just me that's nuts

come on everybody else fess up, you can't just leave it to me and chris
                          scarlet we know you've recently got more chilli's. Ladyslip you turned up with a list of varieties as long as your arm, ms t i think you're just trying to hide your addiction :d
                          cptcrackoff, susieg don't think you're getting away with not sharing and all of you chilli growing nutters. We ( well i ) want number of varieties, number of plants.
                          I know i'm not the only one who's got carried away..................i'm not am i ??????

It will make me feel better, maybe a little less ashamed of my lack of will power!
                          OCD

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67124[/ATTACH]
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Picked at the weekend from my overwintered Jalapeno
                            Attached Files

Comment

• This bloody numex twilight is just flowering and then dropping every flower that opens. It's really annoying me as there are loads of flowers. Even my Guindilla pepper plant, it's put 4 peppers on and they're growing nicely but the rest of the flowers that come on it just drops then after they've opened.

Could there be a reason for this? It's putting me off buying a load of different chilli seeds this winter ready to sow in the spring. I don't want to buy them if I am not going to get anything from them.

Annoying!!!

Comment

• Scoot
                                have you tried giving them a feed.?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X