Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, lovely plants that overwinter very well.

Have you ever saved any seed Ms T? You could join this http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...6-a_88250.html

Keep one plant indoors on a window sill so that it doesn't cross and save seed. You'll get a few varieties to try in return.

Comment

• I'm growing a lot of Capsicum pubescens type chilies this year. I found that last year they did really well in my set up. They aren't great for drying though.

Some pictures of chilies under lights. There are a few tomato plants in the foreground that I bring in at nights still.

I might pinch out a few soon given how well they are doing

Attached Files

Comment

• Jealous me ?! Hmm, yes...

Comment

• Not really. only from old cayenne ,who lives on the window sill .give the new plants away. But I could try the little bag over the flower and see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Jealous me ?! Hmm, yes...
            ME Too.

Comment

• Alas my mussus doesn't consider them to be the indoor thing of beauty that I do )

Comment

• Blimey, feel like a complete chilli dunce now after seeing all the various 'families' - where do you find out what you're growing then, and what should be done re pinching put etc etc etc ..???
                Feelin a little bit lost now ...
                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Susie I don't often nip the top out of mine. It's usually the faster growinging chillies that get pinched out to encourage some branching out. Cayennes, pepper mostly for me.
                  What are you growing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                    Not really. only from old cayenne ,who lives on the window sill .give the new plants away. But I could try the little bag over the flower and see what happens.
                    Your aci sivri would be a good choice to save from

Comment

Your aci sivri would be a good choice to save from
                      was going to ask which one to try and save from .poor old cayenne will be going out in the G/H for the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                        Blimey, feel like a complete chilli dunce now after seeing all the various 'families' - where do you find out what you're growing then, and what should be done re pinching put etc etc etc ..???
                        Feelin a little bit lost now ...
                        I did a gooooogle search. Then I stopped faffing about, and went to where I got most my seeds from (Nicky's nursery). I found a couple more I can decapitate while I was there. Holy mole, Delhi hot, numex piñata & ring of fire.

Comment

• My royal black chilli is an annum, I don't think I can pinch that out....it grows a 1mm a week.

Comment

My royal black chilli is an annum, I don't think I can pinch that out....it grows a 1mm a week.
                            What can't you pinch out on annums?

Comment

• Think I will pinch out one or two each of Anaheim, Cayenne, Chilaca, Jalapeno. Purple jalapeno, Mucho Nacho and maybe Pasilla Bajio..

....I think

Pic of some of mine that are under lights..
                              The bigger ones are on window sills....
                              Attached Files
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

• Just had 3 Grafted plants arrive from Suttons through the post (forgot about these and was a pleasant surprise). Label states 'Pepper Chilli grafted plants - F1 Medina - 3 Super Plug Plants', just potted them on. must of been some offer I took up but plants look really strong and healthy and are a decent size.
                                The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X