Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --------haven't actually harvested it yet, but - my little bucket of spring onions - sowed in February - is looking a little bit promising (at long last!) .............
    I can see one little springie is 'climbing' it's way out of the compost... I'm quite excited about this, as all others have been a total disaster area......!
    I'll take a photo tomorrow ............
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• All I harvested today was Beetroot

Comment

• -------- A lovely trug full of 5 varieties of ripe tommies ~ mmm, yummy...!!!
        Two large q's, runners ....

And golly gosh ~ my nemesis ~ spring onions ~ I have some in a tub growing since, well, feels like 10 years ago (slight exaggeration..! ) and as I'm watering, always throw some water on them, you know, just in case - and would you believe it? They actually look like spring onions - one had heaved itself out of the compost: looks like a crunchy white bit of onion smiling at me.....!

Must take a photo tomorrow for posterity ......................
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• First parsnip of the season, I know it's early but there were 2 in one station so I thought we'd try it and also get in before the canker. Lovely it was as well.

Also runners, 4 types of tomato (The Amateur, Gardener's Delight [both outside], chocolate cherry and tumbler), cucumbers, white beetroot, an onion I missed from the onion bed and French beans.

Happy, happy

Comment

• Runner beans and yet more tomatoes. Now frantically looking up runner bean and tomato chutney recipes!

Comment

• Carrots, Spring onions, courgettes, oregano, sage, thyme.

Comment

• More runner beans ...
                2 courgette ...
                DFB...
                2 Chili peppers to go into my Chili con carne .....
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• after the success of the home grown parsnip, thought I'd try an allotment one... Broke my fork, had to dig it out with a spade, far from ideal..but look at him...Just look at him!! I'm in love..

Attached Files
                  <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
                    after the success of the home grown parsnip, thought I'd try an allotment one... Broke my fork, had to dig it out with a spade, far from ideal..but look at him...Just look at him!! I'm in love..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68394[/ATTACH]
                    OMG, that's a whopper!

Comment

• Courgettes, lots of dfb, peas, mangetout. Runners are rubbish this year, just 1. Toms and huauzontle ready to pick tomorrow.
                      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Onions, shallots, tomatoes, tomatillos, chilli, aubergines (obviously), purple beans, a marrow and a pumpkin.

Comment

• Lettuce, toms, cuc, spring onions, radish pods and nasturtium seeds for a salad then Tomatoes, courgettes and basil to make soup.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Golden, Chioggia and normal beetroot, yellow, red and orange cherry toms, and purple, orange and white carrots, as well as 4 types of kale - made for a very colourful meal last night!
                            He-Pep!

Comment

• Some of my attempts to grow bulb fennel have failed, with the plants showing signs of going to seed, so I broke off the stems and tried chewing it raw. What a pleasant surprise, a sweet, juicy aniseed sweet, a bit stringy in places, but the core is soft and delicious. So the tougher bits went on the compost as I walked around the garden.

Comment

• Tomatoes, peas, pea beans, kale, courgettes, broccoli, cauliflower, parsnip, turnip, leek.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X