Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me the optimum temp for germination of tomatoes as new heat pads have arrived and wanting to set the temperature.
    Thanks jonny.
    When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
      Can anyone tell me the optimum temp for germination of tomatoes as new heat pads have arrived and wanting to set the temperature.
      Thanks jonny.
      It says on all the packets i have between 15C and 20C.

Comment

More chillies sown - Padron, Hungarian Wax and Inferno.
        He-Pep!

Comment

Today I sowed some onions "Globo" in modules in a heated propagator in the cold greenhouse.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
            It says on all the packets i have between 15C and 20C.
            I can guarantee it doesn't say optimum temp on any of the tomato seeds that have just arrived .
            Thanks for the info though.
            When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Last week I sowed alpine strawberries, circus clown flowers, and some mixed lathyrus flower mix - I was very excited to see today that the flowers have successfully germinated.

Comment

I can guarantee it doesn't say optimum temp on any of the tomato seeds that have just arrived .
                It doesn't say optimum temp, I don't even know what that means lol. It just says a temperature of 15-20c is ideal.
                Last edited by Scoot; 14-01-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

It doesn't say optimum temp, I don't even know what that means lol. It just says a temperature of 15-20c is ideal.

Comment

Thanks jonny.
                    According to Temperature effect on vegetable seeds - percentage germination its 77F (whatever that is in C).
                    97% of tomatoes germinated in 6 days at 77F

Comment

77f = 25c...............
                      Last edited by Bigmallly; 14-01-2016, 10:04 PM.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Today I've sown tomatoes ( just 3 of each, saving some seed for later) sungold, marmande and purple calabash.
                        Has any grown the calabash? I was intrigued by the description but since ordering them I've read some tinterweb reviews saying they're yuck

Comment

You are all so good! I've not got any further than sorting seed packets into fruit and veg, and washing some pots out!

Comment

Further sowings today...too many to type..
                            Attached Files
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow tripme up, that's impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bex2012 View Post
                                You are all so good! I've not got any further than sorting seed packets into fruit and veg, and washing some pots out!
                                That's further than I've got Bex..............................it's early days yet & I promised to be a good boy & sit on my hands a while.
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X