Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have you used to secured the pallets BM?
    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

As they are full pallets, they stand up on their own pretty well which helped a great deal, I just had to level them up & brace with bits of timber to join them together, then 2x1 posts were hammered into the ground on both sides of each pallet and nailed together.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Brilliant job bud.
        What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
        Pumpkin pi.

Comment

I'll have peace of mind once they are finished. The Pond was my main concern, even though it's netted all the way round it.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Went to the Hill and wished the plot a happy New Year. Actually, I wished the plot a happy how-have-you-been-since-we-met-briefly-at-the-AGM-in-Nov-and-not-properly-since-my-hols-in-Oct

Had a productive afternoon:
            • cut down the raspberry canes, and also the asparagus plants
            • emptied two (of four) dalek composters and installed in new positions - the other end of the next bed up in each case. Spread the compost and put back the less composted stuff for another go.
            • took down the pea wigwams (but didn't strip the string/old stems, so only half a job done there)
            • took down the bean canes (ditto)
            • rough dug a couple of beds and chucked the big weeds in the now emptied composters
            • noticed the toolshed really is about the collapse - the felt is off the roof, a plank at the back has come off leaving a hole for the rain/wind, and someone has tried to open the door, but not taken enough care, so ripping the top hinge out the frame. The whole thing is rotten as a pear, so now need to look for an alternative.
            • dug a parsnip (impressive) and a couple of leeks (not so much)

Came home when it got too dark, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was still only dusk at 4.40pm.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Great, the plot & pond are now in a contained area. I managed to catch an 'ours rain break so all pallets are in situ & secure with the exception of 2 (one on each side) which are temp in place as they are to be converted into gates. I can then finish staining it & grow some honeysuckle or similar up it. A total of 17 pallets were used.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61363[/ATTACH]...............[ATTACH=CONFIG]61364[/ATTACH]
              Are the polytunnels yours or your next door neighbours?
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

They're mine Snadge. I cut the roofs off and replaced with debris netting as they were a PITA to water.

Comment

Went to my garden centre and managed to come out without seed potatoes or onion sets, first time in my life that I'm not planning on growing either, was tough(might try a few pink fir apples in grow bags though).
                  Forgot, bought some Rocket seeds, any special tips for this in raised beds?
                  Last edited by burnie; 10-01-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Nipped down the plot for about an hour, to put up a birdy feeder, give my bee hive some food, clear out a patch of the crazy sage that's taken over a corner of the plot, and plant a 75p rhubarb, and dig part of a bed.

Got back to discover one of the neighbours was taking advantage of the not-bad weather to redo part of their roof, and they had lots of lovely spare roof tiles, and slate looking for a good home. My tiled raised bed last year was great, so I snaffled as much as I could!

Hopefully I'll get enough dry weather to make another raised bed soon... As well as chop down a tree, put up a greenhouse and finish digging over beds. Hah; yeah right.
                    My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

Got ready to venture in't garden, one foot out of the door and it chucked it down. Came back in, took coat off, had a coffee & waited for the rain to stop. Rain stopped so gathered mi tools & went down to finish off the fence. All up & secure with 2 gates, started raking up leaves & the bladdy rain started again..............more coffee & just sat here waiting for it to make it's mind up before going back out..........more coffee anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by hamamelis View Post
                        Nipped down the plot for about an hour, to put up a birdy feeder, give my bee hive some food, clear out a patch of the crazy sage that's taken over a corner of the plot, and plant a 75p rhubarb, and dig part of a bed.

Got back to discover one of the neighbours was taking advantage of the not-bad weather to redo part of their roof, and they had lots of lovely spare roof tiles, and slate looking for a good home. My tiled raised bed last year was great, so I snaffled as much as I could!

Hopefully I'll get enough dry weather to make another raised bed soon... As well as chop down a tree, put up a greenhouse and finish digging over beds. Hah; yeah right.
                        Do you have a picture of your tiled raised bed? I built my current one with railway sleepers, which look beautiful but were not cheap! I'm looking for alternative ideas on a budget and I like your tile idea!

Comment

Started getting things ready for a new raised bed. Then rain stopped play.

Comment

Just got back from mi pallet supplier, I wanted 3 x 5ft long ones which I eyed up a while back and would be perfect for the squashes to climb up, anyways, opens boot, grabs a pallet fed it into't car & it was never ending..........they're only piggin 6ft 6"...........I did manage to get 3 in the car but has anyone ever tried to drive with their nose against the screen, pallets in the back o' ya neck & knees under chin keeping my mouth closed..........not a pretty sight I can tell ya.......all at rush 'our...............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              Just got back from mi pallet supplier, I wanted 3 x 5ft long ones which I eyed up a while back and would be perfect for the squashes to climb up, anyways, opens boot, grabs a pallet fed it into't car & it was never ending..........they're only piggin 6ft 6"...........I did manage to get 3 in the car but has anyone ever tried to drive with their nose against the screen, pallets in the back o' ya neck & knees under chin keeping my mouth closed..........not a pretty sight I can tell ya.......all at rush 'our...............
                              Sounds like my annual trip home with the Christmas tree before we changed herself's car
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                                Do you have a picture of your tiled raised bed? I built my current one with railway sleepers, which look beautiful but were not cheap! I'm looking for alternative ideas on a budget and I like your tile idea!
                                How about pantiles Here's a bed i made earlier!
                                Attached Files
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X