• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
    Was it one of your own?
    Yeah it was

Comment

• Wow, its early.

Comment

• I grew Rosella for the first time after reading some rave reviews on here - and I'm glad I did it is gorgeous !

Peacevine Cherry is a smaller sized cherry and that's nice as well.

Comment

• Harvested my first tomato of Orkado this evening. Wasnt expecting much of it as I was of the opinion it was nothing special.
          I was very pleasently surprised as it had a lovely tangy flavour.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Agree that sungold are pretty tasty indeeed ( first time growing them this year) but still think black cherry outdoes it especially as its o/p .
            Looking forward to trying Deanos Rosella soon, tried one today but wasnt quite there.
            Im in hospital for a few days from tomorrow and when i come out im expecting shedfulls of ripe toms , drooling

Comment

• Have had quite a few latah since the end of June. It's not going to set the world on fire but it's a good balanced flavour with a nice acidity to it - not too sweet. Looking forward to cooking with it as think it has a depth of flavour that will work well.

Plus, it's early - 28th June was my first one.
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• It looks like I might get my first this weekend, I think a Tumbling Tom Red is going to win the race and be the first to declare................................

Comment

• I have both Gardeners delight and Marmande starting to produce. not ready to be picked yet. size is between golf ball and pea sized.

this is my first year growing and like a numpty didn't realise to take off side shoots even when the plant is fully grown and flowering. so going home after work to give mine a blimmin good prune. hopefully that will encourage more tomatoes...

Comment

• Haha, next year you'll be on it - we've all done it! Are they really wild? You could just stop the plants completey now, don't let it set any more fruit and let the fruit that's formed ripen. Try to thin out the greenery a bit to give the plants some good airflow but don't be overly zealous on cutting out all the side shoots - keep the fruit that has already formed.

Comment

• Red Pear - enormously productive and so tasty! Romello - bush habit, easy-peasy and wonderful taste and Tumbling Tom in hanging baskets outside the back door - how convenient? No big tomatoes this year - just couldn't keep up with eating them last summer.

Comment

• Tomato envy here
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Just getting a few determinate cherry tomatoes now but the Quedlinger Frue Lieber and Garden Pearl are colouring and will be ready in a few days for the first picking.

My plants have gone wild this year, I normally grow two or three cordons per plant but I was away for a while and now they're just rampant. Going in to thin out the leaves and take off unproductive sideshoots (I may be a while)

Comment

• Brown Sugar. Picked the first two of these today to have for lunch.
                            My hubby, who never remarks on food said.... totally bland.
                            They are. Two lovely big tomatoes absolutely tasteless.
                            Will definitely not grow these next year.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                              Brown Sugar. Picked the first two of these today to have for lunch.
                              My hubby, who never remarks on food said.... totally bland.
                              They are. Two lovely big tomatoes absolutely tasteless.
                              Will definitely not grow these next year.
                              Well, at least we know not to try it now!

Comment

• Dubrava tomato.,
                                Had the first one today. A lovely balance of acid and sweetness.
                                About 3 oz, red. A determinate plant with good sturdy growth.
                                Will definitely grow it again.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...