How's everyone squash doing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally starting to fill out!

A friend came over at weekend and said " wow- what are these- they look fantastic!!!"

no idea I replied- you tell me - they were 2 seedlings you gave me!!!

Apparently the plants and squash are more than 4x the size of hers!

what have we done differently???

yup- planted them in a pile of half rotted cow poo and straw!!

me thinks we'll be doing the same next year!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The first female flower opened on my "White Custard" today, the first day here of heavy rain. The flower opened up to the sky. It had half an inch of rainwater in it....
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

can any help me to identify this squash.I did mixup some of VSP seeds and Italian mystery seeds in second sowing
        Attached Files

Comment

today ifound this twin baby squash('s).. will they grow or should I remove one of it... btw what squash it is
          Attached Files

Comment

I have a couple of "harrier" and "hunter" butternuts in the polytunnel, no outdoor ones this year. I was beginning to despair of having anything worthwhile but the last two weeks there has been a transformation, fruit starting to swell and looks like I'll get about a dozen fruit, I couldn't face a winter without some squash and pumpkins for soups and roasting, no pumpkins this year but it could have been a lot worse.

Comment

I had two small football (think kiddies indoor toys) size ones abort over the weekend ruddy weather

Comment

After a slow start, my squash have done better than I thought they would.

Attached Files

Comment

pfffffft squash!!!!

puppy ate my pumpkin and sunburst squash when they were about to start producing, saved two spaghetti squash plants and looks like im going to be lucky if i end up wth two or three spaghetti squash... i had a thread about it a couple of weeks ago that ive just bumped with an update.

treepixie, ur harvest makes me soooo eager to get it right next year!
                  newbie! Be gentle with me while I learn the basics of growing stuff
                  Kirstie x

Comment

Had one pumpkin plant, with one pumpkin on it. Turns out Badgers don't mind their pumpkins unripe

Beautiful butternut squash plant, just not a single squash.

Ah well, there's always next year

Comment

I got 3 pumpkins from my Atlantic Giant, one of which is in the virtual show, coming in at 4 stone (56lb) and a circumference of 59 inches.
                      What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                      Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X