No announcement yet.

Anything bolting for you?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The parsley and the pak choi. But hey, at least they made some growth...

Comment

No!

(Holds on to wooden desk with both hands!)
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

At last the temperature has gotten above 12 degrees for a change which means nothing has had any chance of bolting AND the wind has dropped below 30 knots. Woohoo! For MoopMoop, your rocket is going along nicely. Will post piccies soon!

The first trough of radishes have been well and truly munched, the second are in my sights and 3 and 4 are just sown. Long live the radish!
        Last edited by Python15; 21-06-2015, 03:55 PM.
        The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men gang aft agley

Comment

Hell yea

Horse i backed on saturday at 33/1 was way ahead after a manic start then faded and died in last 4 feet.
          Last edited by jackarmy; 21-06-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Tatsoi - I thought these would do the best as they are supposed to be cold hardy. They certainly did not die and started growing after a month now that it warmed up a little but some of them have bolted and they are still tiny wee things. Tasty as hell though.

Purple stemmed & standard Choi Sum - bolted but it is supposed to and were tasty too. Some of the side shoots from the ones i harvested were ready for cutting too.

Interestingly the pak choi is growing along nicely and no signs of bolting yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny.D View Post
              Spinach seedlings

Mine too GGRRRR
              The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

My first sown batch of lettuce, which is a shame as it's all gone really bitter now and the second batch isn't really doing much yet. Touch wood my onions all seem to be ok so far...

Comment

I have a nice bed of pound shop red baron onions.
                  Notice a few have bolted.
                  Hope no more do.
                  Previous years many of the crop have bolted and been useless.
                  Fingers crossed.
                  Jimmy
                  Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
                    Mine too GGRRRR
                    And mine - Amazon, which is supposed to be resistant to bolting
                    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny.D View Post
                      Spinach seedlings

My spinach looks just the same. It is about 3 inches tall and has flowers
                      Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Red onion sets and shallots have bolted. Lettuce too. I have Struggled to get my peas out of the ground, the first early planting (30 ft row 3 seeds wide) I got all of 2 yes TWO! So I planted again, same place and I got about a dozen that time. Moved them all onto the end of the next row which were started indoors and transplanted. I've put peppers in the space now.All this in the new to me second half of the plot. I have sown some lates elsewhere and will have one more go at the weekend in the other half of the plot. I can't believe it's so hard to grow peas this year.

Comment

Some of my autumn planted onion sets (spring ones are okay), and a few of my calbrese all bolted.

Annoyed about the calbrese as they take up such a huge amount of space anyway.

Comment

My elephant garlic has bolted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                              My elephant garlic has bolted.
                              It always flowers in June Bacchus, that's quite normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                It always flowers in June Bacchus, that's quite normal.
                                Yes - I've nipped off most of the buds - I think that gives the cloves a bit more ooomph.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X