Anything bolting for you?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    I wish I could get to the bolting stage...............Toms have gone on strike, Courgettes are keeling over, Beetroot doesn't want to germinate................think I may take up another hobby this year.
    I know what you mean BM, I am not having any luck either. Having said that, the fruit has been brilliant this year
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Only the usual suspects here - spinach and the odd lettuce, plus pak choi and mizuna which I would expect at this time of year. Plus all of last year's broccoli, leeks and cabbages have gone, again to be expected.

Agree everything is slow this year - my Sungold toms are well less than half the height they were this time last year, and have only just started to flower.
      Last edited by Penellype; 20-06-2015, 12:58 PM.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

My autumn calabrese, which turned out to be broccoli raab in the wrong seed packet, bolted anyway.

Also all my rocket seedlings bolted without hardly growing a leaf.

A few onions tried to flower, but not so many as last years crop.
        Last edited by WPG; 20-06-2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Half my onions and all my parsley.

Comment

Spinach, lettuce and rocket but that's what I'd expect by now so nothing unusual.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

So far its been my radish and a couple of lettuce.
              sigpic

Comment

The horse the other morning poor soul - he's got altzheimer's (horse equivalent of)- walked straight over me, out trough the gate easily hitting the 25-30 MPH he was capable of a as youth - heading straight for England. I wish I'd had a picture of him when about a mile later (me in hot pursuit) he dropped out of his memory and skidded to a halt, turned round on a sixpence and headed back home at the same speed, narrowly missing me and a bit later on OH who was following in the car trying to catch us up by then!

And autumn calebrese and not exactly bolting but my peas all producing flowers and pods way too soon on too small plants.
                Last edited by marchogaeth; 21-06-2015, 07:50 AM.
                "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Just the one onion. Normally get just a few from about 80 or so sets I plant each year. So fingers crossed that's it!
                  All my projects including my brewing adventures!

www.make-your-own.info

Comment

About a quarter of my red onions and all my broccoli raab
                    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Bolting? Bolting? chance would be a fine thing if the plants were horse's the crop would be out now.

I am putting it down to the weather, longest day tomorrow and I have yet to take my shower and turn the thermostat down to cool down on a hot day. SWMBO has just informed me she has yet to put the summer quilt on the bed.
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

All my brassica except the kale. Perpetual spinach as well. The onion not yet but I can see that they try to have a thought to going to seed lol.

Comment

About 20 onions out of the 100 I planted. They've dried out nicely and I'm working my way through them before harvesting the ones that behaved themselves.

Comment

Spinach and some lettuce its mostly from the mixed packets.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

tis a peculiar growing season again for sure,horse tail and weeds are having a ball down the lottie,my first try at brocoli rabb,all gone to seed,other things are playing dead/lifeless or go slow,buuuuuuuut,we have potato greenery,and broad beans.
                              At home,things are slower,but getting there,i have actually grown some nice lettuce and radish,toms and cue are slower than last year,in general,seeds seem to have had a very hard time trying to germinate then loose their will to live,
                              thanks for this thread VC,it shows we all in the boat as were,silly weather,i seem to be the same
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

ALL the red onions
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X